Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to put togeather a good sprint mechanic.

meganaut
    ill make some updates to the tutorial

Whaaabamb
    Thanks again for all the help!

here is a clip of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQkKc...rebCmq7FWPXiI=

only thing i don't have working is the camera zoom, my camera is set up a bit different than yours so its a bit confusing for my non coder mind.

meganaut
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaabamb View Post
    looks good!

DJMidknight
    the sprint still works even in reverse AFAI in the Feb-2012 version. Maybe something changed or perhaps I missed/typo in the code.

thanks for sharing though it gave me some ideas of my own on how to do some other things.

meganaut
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMidknight View Post
    the sprint still works even in reverse AFAI in the Feb-2012 version. Maybe something changed or perhaps I missed/typo in the code.

thanks for sharing though it gave me some ideas of my own on how to do some other things.
    The running backward is disabled in the final section. In the playerMove function, you can see there is a check weather the playerInput.Aforward > 0 (i.e. moving forward). That disables all backward movement because aForward is in the negative when moving backward.

Maybe you missed that part

daimaku
    really good tutorial, thanks

Woodmonk
    Quote Originally Posted by daimaku View Post
    really good tutorial, thanks
    agreed this is very awesome. I tested out the functionality and got it compiled correctly but I'm having some issues binding it to the spacebar. I've looked up some tutorials but I think I'm missing something. With this exact script what lines would I have to add in the "DefaultInput.ini" file? ><

Thanks in advance, also for the awesome sprint function

meganaut
    theres plenty of tutes on setting up new binds out there. make sure you change the StartSprint and StopSprint functions to exec functions

nesjett
    can anyone put the code please? Website off

jarezzz
    Has someone a code of this awesome thing? Or saved pages of site?