Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: UT3 Manta RC 1

maxdamage
    Quote Originally Posted by 100GPing100 View Post
    I was going to do that long ago with the viper (when it was still beta 1) but the cons were big enough for not doing it.

I might do this if requested by a small amount of users.
    Like I mentioned in the post using that effect doesn't work with sunlight actors due to the gradients used for the effect.

maxdamage
    Emulating Normal Maps??
    Here is another in-game shot using 100GPing100's UT3 manta and the other one is a screenshot of the editor using a sunlight actor in the map and you can see the result is aweful.Totally unusable.

[edit]Forgot to add when I load my map with the UT3 manta I get this message regarding a missing package in the editor:
    Warning: Missing TexRotator TexRotator UT3MantaTex.hoverFANSrotator

100GPing100
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdamage View Post
    Emulating Normal Maps??

[edit]Forgot to add when I load my map with the UT3 manta I get this message regarding a missing package in the editor:
    Weird, there is no code reference to that TexRotator on the code. Oh wait, must be a static mesh that's using this...
    Don't worry, that TexRotator isn't used at all, just a debug leftover. I will fix it on the next release.

Skred
    Quote Originally Posted by 100GPing100 View Post
    Oh, the thing you asked me to implement on the Viper.
    Do you think it should be on (can stand on it) by default or off (can't stand on it)?
    If you're using existing UT2004 code, it would likely inherit the ability naturally. It may be tough to test since you need a buddy to climb in the Manta, and then let you jump on the "fan blade" area of the vehicle.

I always thought it would be cool if you tried jump on the manta, you fall through the blades and get chopped to bits, but that'd probably be tough to implement.

Sly, how'd you get that nifty banner under your name? Props man

100GPing100
    Quote Originally Posted by FewPosts View Post
    If you're using existing UT2004 code, it would likely inherit the ability naturally. It may be tough to test since you need a buddy to climb in the Manta, and then let you jump on the "fan blade" area of the vehicle.

I always thought it would be cool if you tried jump on the manta, you fall through the blades and get chopped to bits, but that'd probably be tough to implement.

Sly, how'd you get that nifty banner under your name? Props man
    Ye, it's already implemented. I tested with bots.

The game starts with no bots, I go onto a manta and spawn bots, they come and enter the manta, with it on I can't stand on it.

100GPing100

Cool Progress

Progress:
    » Fixed log warning.
    » Removed unnecessary static mesh.
    » Improved collision.

Retail Released
    Check release thread for download link.