Thread: Do you guys think that the crosshair format interferes the aiming??

Raptarus

Question Do you guys think that the crosshair format interferes the aiming??

Hi people! While I'm Playing UT3 these days (while I'm still a little familiar with UT2K4), I've noticed that the Shock Rifle crosshair in UT3 is different from the crosshair of UT2K4 (Of Course...DUH!), But i've also noticed that my shock combo skills in UT3 are much worse than are in UT2K4. So the question is:

Do the crosshair format interferes the aiming? OR Is the mechanics of the games that are little bit different in this way?

Hyzoran
    If your playing online, it could be that you have to lag shoot due to poor compensation on ut3, it also could be because the ut3 Asmd does not Shoot as fast of a rate as the UT2004 asmd

Sly.
    The crosshair was never really that important to me, when I could change it to my own needs like I could in UT2004, I did it but if not, then I was okay with it.
    However, the behaviour of the UT3 Shock Rifle was bugging me since a long time already. It feels like it has an incredibly huge delay compared to the original ASMD, the ASMD Shock Rifle and the UT2003/UT2004 ASMD Shock Rifle...

|213|
    Remove the "laggy" mouse feel and make it like in UT2004

Find in: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini

[Engine.PlayerInput]
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput]
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)

|213|
    For some reason, the copy n paste makes False appear to be "Fals e)" if you want the code, just hit reply with Quote, then copy it to designated area.

[GOW] K1lla
    UTGame.ini:

[UTGame.UTPlayerController]
    bCenteredWeaponFire=True

Raptarus
    Sorry for the delay to response.

This code worked very well and the things are a way better now!(But still a bit different).

Thank you guys!

enoch84
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    The crosshair was never really that important to me, when I could change it to my own needs like I could in UT2004, I did it but if not, then I was okay with it.
    However, the behaviour of the UT3 Shock Rifle was bugging me since a long time already. It feels like it has an incredibly huge delay compared to the original ASMD, the ASMD Shock Rifle and the UT2003/UT2004 ASMD Shock Rifle...
    When I switch between 2K4 and UT3 the obvious difference between the shock rifles is the speed at which the ball travels (imo). Faster in UT3.

jomi294
    I'm like you, I can never hit anything (in any game) without a small dot crosshair