Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DM-AssaultForce (Beta 2) [Pics] *UPDATED*

Darkn3ss is QnL
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    Thanks.

BTW, how important is "clipping" (i.e. using blocking volumes) areas between protruding objects in UT3? Back in the Q3 community it was of great importance due to the fast pace of strafe jumping and having that movement stopped by protruding objects, but since UT3 is a slower-paced game where people aren't likely to be hitting the walls by going fast, i.e. having far more control, I was curious as to what the stance on this is.
    Well, making angled walls can improve some strafing/wall dodging, you just need to apply to the right situation in order for it to be effective. Otherwise it will always serve more as a decorative purpose.
    You should take a look at McLogenogs - DM-Dethen / CTF-Bird maps to get to know some more about brushes and how to create effective clipping like trimming floors with brushes instead of using Static Meshes.

SkaarjMaster

Cool cool map!

First, you're not even close to necrobumping........check out some of mine here. OK, you need an author name in the preview shot and I think you should be able to jump on the conveyor from anywhere. Actually, maybe that area isn't accessible at all, but it should be. I like the high ceilings, z-axis, crystals in the outside scene, moving fans, steam, music choice and sounds. This map has good flow and bots are decent and it is the most fun with 4 players, but probably can support one or two more. I don't see anything major that should be fixed at this point. What's the trick to getting the Udamage? (humor me, I don't do a lot of tricks).

EmeraldTiger
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    First, you're not even close to necrobumping........check out some of mine here. OK, you need an author name in the preview shot and I think you should be able to jump on the conveyor from anywhere. Actually, maybe that area isn't accessible at all, but it should be. I like the high ceilings, z-axis, crystals in the outside scene, moving fans, steam, music choice and sounds. This map has good flow and bots are decent and it is the most fun with 4 players, but probably can support one or two more. I don't see anything major that should be fixed at this point. What's the trick to getting the Udamage? (humor me, I don't do a lot of tricks).
    Thanks for the positive feedback! Happy to hear it plays well.

To obtain the UDamage: It requires an elevator-jump. Step on the elevator in front of the UDamage, then when it's at full speed hit jump before it reaches the top, and you should get a decent amount of air, enough to land on the platform. It's much easier to do if you're actually facing the UDamage - but it either requires you to step on it while walking backwards, or by jumping on it from above. I find the former technique to be much easier. There's also a few more tricks in the map that can be performed using the elevators to your advantage - for example, instead of having to use two elevators in the RL room to get to the third floor, you can just perform a jump from the bottom elevator and you'll have enough momentum to reach the top without touching the second elevator. You'll have to watch out for the pipe, though.

SkaarjMaster
    Yep, never was down there to realize a lift jump. I was trying to get it from above.