Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UDK Powered by Unreal Engine 4?

ambershee
    I wouldn't expect it would be ready that soon. They won't make it available to non-licensees until it's fairly stable (UE3 wasn't for a while after - not really until Epic shipped UT3).

iniside
    That's why I said ready for external developers. Maybe I should add "that can't have access to C++ source" ;p.

sconfoy1
    if you read the top left corner of the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VitLy...1&feature=plcp
    you will read gdc12_demo unreal editor udk (64bit/dx11) at 5.09 pretty close to proof if you ask me

reinrag
    @sconfoy
    yeah but UDK does not mean give UE4 to non licensees first, it means Unreal Development Kit,

Slowman

Exclamation Maybe, yes or No!

Well folks, as I see it if you get a "UDK UE4" verson, the probabilltys are...
    ...You maybe able to use the "UE4 editor" with a single core cpu, but...
    but will most likely be UNABLE to run it in "play mode", unless you have at least a quadcore cpu in your PC!!!
    ...of corse I maybe wrong, but sinse its supose to be a "multicore" software if I am lucky it will run, maybe crowl on my dualcore!!! :/

alvarofer0021
    i really hope they have more enfasis in open worlds

if they do that then UE4 is going to be my sweet.sweeet baby :P

darthviper107
    There's nothing about UDK that stops you from making open worlds already, only the map size which isn't really a problem

RonnieG
    i could have sworn that i saw a article about a conversation with tim and he stated unreal engine 4 would be released in 2014?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Unrea...s-224248.shtml

but then i read this ealier,, and it states 2013

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/27/ep...onsole-launch/

so which is it?

sconfoy1
    @slowman, most modern laptops ship with a dual core cpu, and many of them have four or six cores, so unless your outdated, and i mean pre 2007 desktop, you should be able to run the games made on it. if you are outdated, you probably shouldnt be developing graphically intensive games in the first place, sorry, but its the truth

JessieG
    Quote Originally Posted by sconfoy1 View Post
    @slowman, most modern laptops ship with a dual core cpu, and many of them have four or six cores, so unless your outdated, and i mean pre 2007 desktop, you should be able to run the games made on it. if you are outdated, you probably shouldnt be developing graphically intensive games in the first place, sorry, but its the truth
    Sort of like trying to start a camp fire with some twigs and a piece of flint when someone is standing next to you with a blowtorch.