Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UDK Magika-Technology War Game Project

juguefre
    good work dude

LordNelson7
    Thank you all for the kind responses. I am now working on a GFx movie inventory system(75 percent functional) and a barter system. I will upload a video of these systems in the coming weeks. So far I've managed to get the slots in a GFx Movie to be populated with the player's(or NPC's in the case of the barter system) inventory of items(such as armor, weapons, misc), and when the items are dragged to a doll of the character, the item is equipped on the player(the mesh changes on the player in the game world). I also made it so the inventory opens up to the character in the middle zoomed out, so you can get a good look at what you're equipping.

windytree
    The buildings are amazing, but you really need to work on your terrain. I know a few people have already said this, but if you really want people to pay attention to your project that should be the first priority. Just giving some constructive criticism. Can't wait to see more work.

LordNelson7
    Yes, I am improving on the terrain and thank you for the comment. I will be posing a video of my basic inventory system(80 percent functional) within the next two weeks. After that, the barter system.

LordNelson7
    Alright here is the video of the slot based inventory system as promised.

LordNelson7
    What did you guys think of the slot-based inventory? Let me know if you see any changes that need to be made or if you have any suggestions for improvements. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks

Derp
    It seems just perfect, but one problem..
    YOU NEED TO START WORKING ON WEAPONS! Aha, but really, I can't wait to start seeing cool spells and weapons from you Also, out of curiosity, Do you plan on making a class based system or the player can venture onto any type of faction in the game (Like in Skyrim)?

LordNelson7
    I already have weapons implemented, but I haven't hooked everything up yet.

There will be multiple options for the player to delve into(good or evil, tech or magic, warrior or archer, or anywhere in-between) and the things that you do the most(attack with your bow increases dextrity, etc.) will alter who you become. The factions that you join will alter your standing the the game world as well (join this faction and this faction becomes hostile, etc.).

The final version of the game(as I plan it to become) will remind the player of Skyrim, or Arcania: Gothic 4 gameplay, but with my own spin on things and storyline. I drew a lot of inspiration from these games.

LordNelson7
    I've almost completed the character menu and the quest system. I will upload a video of both in the next few weeks. I improved my dialogue system, so now right after the dialogue begins, there are several boolean and integer variables that are checked for their value. If their value is equal to a certain value, this dialogue option is presented.

So the value of the variables determines which dialogue options you will get. This is very important, as you would not want the same dialogue options presented every time you begin dialogue with a NPC.

For example, the first time you meet a NPC he will say something such as, "Hello, its been a while since I've seen someone walking these roads", but you wouldn't want this NPC to say it again, because it wouldn't make much sense, so you set a boolean variable to be checked determining whether or not that NPC has been talked to.

The way I have it set up is in Kismet, but modfying an UnrealScript variable, such that I can save the value of that variable in a save-game system.

The Character Menu-

When you kill enemys, complete quests, do special actions, or other stuff, you gain experience. When you gain enough experience, you gain levels. When you gain levels, you gain Character Points.

You can spend these points on attributes such as Strength, Dextrity, learning new things(such as new schematics), and new(or improving existing) skills.

Derp
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNelson7 View Post
    I've almost completed the character menu and the quest system. I will upload a video of both in the next few weeks. I improved my dialogue system, so now right after the dialogue begins, there are several boolean and integer variables that are checked for their value. If their value is equal to a certain value, this dialogue option is presented.

So the value of the variables determines which dialogue options you will get. This is very important, as you would not want the same dialogue options presented every time you begin dialogue with a NPC.

For example, the first time you meet a NPC he will say something such as, "Hello, its been a while since I've seen someone walking these roads", but you wouldn't want this NPC to say it again, because it wouldn't make much sense, so you set a boolean variable to be checked determining whether or not that NPC has been talked to.

The way I have it set up is in Kismet, but modfying an UnrealScript variable, such that I can save the value of that variable in a save-game system.

The Character Menu-

When you kill enemys, complete quests, do special actions, or other stuff, you gain experience. When you gain enough experience, you gain levels. When you gain levels, you gain Character Points.

You can spend these points on attributes such as Strength, Dextrity, learning new things(such as new schematics), and new(or improving existing) skills.
    Sounds great! Out of curiosity did you have to model your character in a different way to implement this character customization?
    Keep on going, I'm liking this project!