Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unreal Script Wizard

ryanjon2040

Unreal Script Wizard

Special Thanks to William Gaul.

Description:
    Unreal Script Wizard is a free program made by me to make Unreal Scripting easier with the help of a wizard. At the moment it
    only supports basic weapon creation. I developed it with beginners in mind, who want to implement their custom weapons in UDK.
    All you have to do is copy/paste the names of Weapon Skeletal mesh, Particle System, SoundCue, Ammo mesh etc from UDK Content
    Browser to the appropriate fields in Unreal Script Wizard and press finish. Rest is done by Unreal Script Wizard.

Please watch this How-To-Use (OLD) video:

Using Crucible Weapon Pack by Runestorm.

FAQ:

How can i download this?

Unreal Script Wizard is only available with Unreal X-Editor

How can i help you?
    You can click on "Donate" button and Make a Donation if you wish to help

Is this Free?
    110% Free ...You can freely use it for commercial or non-commercial use.

Will you update this in future?
    Yes...I am planning to include more functions and i might also add Character Wizard and Custom Game Info Wizard.

Will you include my codes if i sent them to you?
    Of course i will...We are all here to help each other
    But instead of sending code snippets please send fully working code.

Changelog:
    • --Start UDK Frontend is now available
    • --New Console window when compiling scripts
    • --New startup warning message if running from wrong directory
    • --Weapons will no longer wobble around Weapon Pickup Factory
    • --Added ShotGun settings
    • --Added Ironsight support
    • --Added Flashlight support
    • --Added Left Hand support
    • --Added Always On Top setting
    • --Fixed Check For Update issues

Download: Available with Unreal X-Editor

FLASHLIGHT NOTE: You MUST add this Binding in UDKInput.ini to toggle Flashlight. ".Bindings=(Name="L",Command="ToggleFlashlight")"

Please post your bugs/suggestions/feedback here

ValleW
    This is just beyond awesome!
    I giant star for you!

ryanjon2040
    Quote Originally Posted by ValleW View Post
    This is just beyond awesome!
    I giant star for you!
    Thank you so much Vallew

Mayan
    Thanks ryanjon, this tool looks exactly like the sort of thing I (a noob at programming) need... Thanks for putting it together and sharing. Looking forward to seeing the future functions too

ryanjon2040
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayan View Post
    Thanks ryanjon, this tool looks exactly like the sort of thing I (a noob at programming) need... Thanks for putting it together and sharing. Looking forward to seeing the future functions too
    Thanks Mayan...If you like this app then Please spread the word I wish the mods keep this a sticky so more people knows about this

bobtheturtle
    This is awesome! Keep up the good work, and thanks for helping me out.

XstreamTech
    I would just like to say it doesn't work on 64 bit, I'm about to install windows 8 developer preview 32bit just to try this out...

ryanjon2040
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheturtle View Post
    This is awesome! Keep up the good work, and thanks for helping me out.
    Thanks for the comment bobtheturtle....Glad you find this useful Please spread the word.......And if you face any problem, dont forget to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by XstreamTech View Post
    I would just like to say it doesn't work on 64 bit, I'm about to install windows 8 developer preview 32bit just to try this out...
    Hello XstreamTech....I use Windows 7 64-bit and it does work fine (Tutorial video was recorded in Win 7 64-bit. If you look at the video you can see Unreal Development Kit (64-Bit) as Title)....Is there any error message when you run the Wizard? Did you run the installer with "Run As Administrator" option? Also can you please tell me where did you install Unreal Script Wizard?

XstreamTech
    I just installed it to the directory that is default with the installer, I then followed your video exactly with the crucible assault rifle, When I press compile nothing happens and I don't see the command prompt come up like you did and it didn't make a file in my src folder... I ran it as administrator also. Do you have Skype or anything I would love to have a chat to you about it...

ryanjon2040
    I just installed it to the directory that is default with the installer
    Thats not where you should install. You must install it to UDK install directory (eg: C:\UDK\UDK-2011-11). Please read the "VERY IMPORTANT README" that comes with the setup

Do you have Skype or anything I would love to have a chat to you about it...
    Unfortunately i dont have Skype...I too love to chat with you because i learned UDK by following your tutorials on youtube. A Million Thanks for the awesome tutorials