Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 270

Thread: WREX anticheat - basic tutorial

  1. #71
    JetSpandex
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CWO View Post
    Wonder what excuse my fans are gonna come up with now. I mean it's "obvious" I bot, radar, wall hack, and toggle god mode...
    To whom is it obvious? BioMaige? lusbel? garg? They label any decent player as a 'hacker'. To my knowledge, you only received one worthwhile accusation from an oldschool UT player.
    Regardless, constant usage of WREX legitimizes players (to the best of the software's ability), so it's good to do if you want people off of your back.

    Quote Originally Posted by enoch84 View Post
    Of course when I went to GREED last you were the only person with a ping less than 80
    Yeah. He pings around 28 to GREED most of the time.

  2. #72
    CWO
    Guest
    I can't help it that I have awesome ping hax... I also can't help that I have a good ping to every somewhat populated server within reason... But one thing that made me good in low ping environments was initially getting used to high ping environments. In UT99 I used to play Orange.Net's Instagib DOM servers. A European server with my then 56k modem. That's the root of my accuracy... Second, I'm not called a bot as much, instead people defer to radars and such. It's all in using every little thing the game gives you natually...

  3. #73
    enoch84
    Guest
    You should play DM at beer drinkers, CWO. In the evening anyway.

    Too bad there isn't an alias checker on that log checker. There's nothing to keep someone from just using an alias as to not have to use WREX. DavVador, fix that bro .

  4. #74
    DavVador
    Guest
    Can you detail a bit more with an example if possible enoch.
    I didnt understand what you mean :/

  5. #75
    LLonewolf
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch84 View Post
    You should play DM at beer drinkers, CWO. In the evening anyway.

    Too bad there isn't an alias checker on that log checker. There's nothing to keep someone from just using an alias as to not have to use WREX. DavVador, fix that bro .
    Not a bad idea, you could check the key registered, store it and compare it. If the faker would really like to fakenick, he would at least have to buy a new key.

  6. #76
    enoch84
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DavVador View Post
    Can you detail a bit more with an example if possible enoch.
    I didnt understand what you mean :/
    Too bad there isn't a feature that reveals WREX user's aliases. That's what I mean. Like sometimes I use the alias "AngryRobot" or "Senor84." It would be cool if WREX for me would say:

    enoch84
    user aliases: moloch84, AngryRobot, Senor84...

    That kinda defeats the purpose of an alias, but it would prevent a user from hacking under a different name (we would know who they really were).

    Maybe that's asking too much, DavVador.

  7. #77
    jomi294
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch84 View Post
    Too bad there isn't a feature that reveals WREX user's aliases. That's what I mean. Like sometimes I use the alias "AngryRobot" or "Senor84." It would be cool if WREX for me would say:

    enoch84
    user aliases: moloch84, AngryRobot, Senor84...

    That kinda defeats the purpose of an alias, but it would prevent a user from hacking under a different name (we would know who they really were).

    Maybe that's asking too much, DavVador.
    Why would you want that though. If the server requires WREX, the user has installed it on his machine, and WREX detects the user is using software to cheat, WREX should kick him. Aliases have nothing to do with whether a user is cheating when he is trying to join a server.

  8. #78
    DavVador
    Guest
    Yes, changing your aliases won't change your GUID or the way Wrex identifies you, so there's nothing wrong with that.
    There are 2 possibilities :
    - if you want to deny access to someone being caught with Wrex => get his GUID and ban him from the webadmin (im not an UT3 player, so i hope you can do that with UT3)
    - if you want to be sure everyone's running Wrex => enable the "KickUnsecuredClients" option.

  9. #79
    enoch84
    Guest
    I guess I didn't explain well enough.

    First off, I'm not even considering "WREX servers" because no one ever plays there. I always use WREX, but I don't ever go to WREX servers because they're empty. The fact that someone can check my WREX logs is good enough proof that I don't cheat. I'm saying some player that sometimes uses WREX could decide not to use it, but use an alias so no one would know it was them...so that they could cheat. But of course they'd have to install their hack and then uninstall when they're ready to be "legit" again (use WREX).

  10. #80
    enoch84
    Guest
    Btw, DavVador, WREX is not loading correctly for me tonight. Maybe you're updating it or something...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •