Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: WREX anticheat - basic tutorial

|213|
    See!? Anytime I end up going away for vacation or something, UT3 is the first thing that crosses my mind that I'll miss.

Glad you are sticking around.

enoch84
    Quote Originally Posted by |213| View Post
    See!? Anytime I end up going away for vacation or something, UT3 is the first thing that crosses my mind that I'll miss.

Glad you are sticking around.
    Thanks bro.

Legionz
    I often want to uninstall when I can't find a game. Fire it up. Nothing but emptiness in servers unless it's a few newbs playing ffa. Still have it installed. I guess I'll be playing a few times a month until I die or my computer dies. This thread has been a thorough waste of time. Thanks.

enoch84
    Quote Originally Posted by Legionz View Post
    I often want to uninstall when I can't find a game. Fire it up. Nothing but emptiness in servers unless it's a few newbs playing ffa. Still have it installed. I guess I'll be playing a few times a month until I die or my computer dies. This thread has been a thorough waste of time. Thanks.
    Your welcome.

xeanderthal
    Quote Originally Posted by H4[K3R3V0|uT10N View Post
    Okay guys, if you thought I was using a cheat, then you have me wrong, because I had that crap downloaded like 2 years ago, when Salco bugging the crap out of me, in more than just the stalking, but the insults to her ("J"). So totally forgot it was on my hard drive cos’ I have like 8-9 TB of data.
    So Salco is hacking?

Asked Salco about it and he said he *only* asked for hax twice from Hacker Revolution. Hmm... Now to ask Hacker Rev if he gave them to Salco. ImpeachBush always said Boom had the highest haxer-clan member ratio in UT3. His bull**** detector was pretty good.

xeanderthal
    DaVador, is there any way the game companies copuld define a spec like HDCP/PAVP for Video? By requiring a digital key for every object in the Chain of Trust (BIOS/OS/Game/GFx Driver/Network Stack) it *seems* like the hackers would be locked out.

enoch84
    Quote Originally Posted by xeanderthal View Post
    DaVador, is there any way the game companies copuld define a spec like HDCP/PAVP for Video? By requiring a digital key for every object in the Chain of Trust (BIOS/OS/Game/GFx Driver/Network Stack) it *seems* like the hackers would be locked out.
    Coud you repeat the question for dummies?

xeanderthal
    HDCP is High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection . This allows HD Discs, DVD Players and HD Displays to verify each device is secure before displaying the image.

PAVP is Protected Audio Video Path. Its a MicroSoft/Intel spec to define how the secure data is transferred in a PC running Win7. (OK vista and Win8 too, but not XP). The article is for Audio but the same principles apply.

When you play a BluRay movie several things are happening in the background: The DVD contains a key, the DVD player (ie Cyberlink or WinDVD) has a key, the computer has a key, the firmware drivers for the computer may have a key,the OS has a key, the GFx driver has a key and the playback display device (if it is HD) has a key. Every time a packet is read from the disc and displayed on the screen, the keys are exchanged through the chain of trust before the data is transferred to the next device to ensure the data is not compromised. The keys are pseudo random and are switched frequently (hundreds of times a second). This makes it difficult to use brute force to crack a video stream. You may decode 1 or 2 packets but the processing time required will be many million times longer than the stream lasts.

If Game Makers used a similar method, nothing unauthorized would have access to the network traffic (some bots inject jitter into the network traffic to make hitting them more difficult), memory locations where game data is stored would be secure so the data could only be read by the game program, etc, and not manipulated by hax creators.

Games now account for more sales than movies, why not take a page out of the movie industry to protect their franchises?

For anyone thinking "Yeah, BluRay has been hacked", you are correct. However, those methods work on the disc itself, which can be read by anything - the disk just holds a key and has no way of blocking data reads. This is analogous to copying a game disk. There havent been any successful *public* cracks to intercept an HDCP encoded stream on a PAVP pathway that I am aware of.

DavVador
    2 more UT3 cheaters :

- n4zGuLL
    http://88.191.144.26/logchecker/logs...31824faadd099b
    UT3 Radar + UT3 Speedhack + UT2004 cFramework

- costi1972
    http://88.191.144.26/logchecker/logs...b865e7d34b63ba
    http://beta.xfire.com/profile/sm0kaz/
    UT3 Radar (loaded) + UT3 Speedhack + UT3 Aimbot

LLonewolf
    niiiiiice!!