Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: WREX anticheat - basic tutorial

geronaho
    Quote Originally Posted by |213| View Post
    Why are you guys running anti-virus software? Do you not have a router with a hardware firewall?
    If your just relying on that you a need a hitmanpro or hopefully not a combofix. viruses are old, websites with rootkits and trojans are the new thing.

oldkawman1
    Well that was quite easy. It took almost a minute for the scan to finish.

But, I do think it will reduce player numbers once it's enabled unless it can be auto-downloaded, installed, and run when a player without it joins the server.

Elcrolonosios
    it can be auto-downloaded, installed, and run when a player without it joins the server
    That would be nice, but unreal script cannot make that possible

enoch84
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcrolonosios View Post
    That would be nice, but unreal script cannot make that possible
    I hate to complain guys, but that Log Checker site is incredibly SLOW to use. Sometimes the webpage doesn't even load when I try to go to it. Then I have to pick a name (Player ######...) to reveal who it is, and that process usually takes a couple minutes. If I wanted to reveal all the names for any day, it would probably take 20 minutes at least. Thanks again for providing the anti cheat, but trying to use the Log Checker is very time consuming. Can anything be done about that?

JetSpandex
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch84 View Post
    I hate to complain guys, but that Log Checker site is incredibly SLOW to use.
    This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.

|213|
    I got a question. Probably should go under ululululululululuuuulululnuunnnnnnnunnnnnululululo loloolo but here goes, can a server admin, not necassarily on a wrex server, download any ini file from a players machine?

enoch84
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSpandex View Post
    This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.
    Hey aren't you the guy that had the wall hack on his machine? :]

I don't think I'm complaining as much as I'm pointing out where WREX is having issues. Many many thanks and praise to the WREX team, but their program isn't going to be much good if we can't tell who's using it. If I think someone was playing suspiciously, it's going to potentially take a very long time to see if they're using WREX or not - because using the Log Checker is such a slow process. Looking at it right now, there appears to be 15-19 yet unidentified names on the list since the start of the day. If it takes me 3 minutes (sometimes 5) to reveal each name it would take 45 mins + to reveal all of them.

If nothing can be done about this, that's fine. I'm just letting them know how it appears on my end, in case anything can be done.

JetSpandex
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch84 View Post
    Hey aren't you the guy that had the wall hack on his machine? :]
    Yes...

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
    Kept thinkin' I could never live without hax by my side
    But then I spent so many nights thinking how it did me bad
    And I grew sad
    But I learned how not to get mad! ♪ ♫

wikkid
    Lmfao

wikkid