Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: True First Person Demo 2012-04-18

Hybrid View

True First Person Demo 2012-04-18

2013-01-23 UPDATE: Added Mediafire alternate download link (see below).

Download links (includes source):
    tfp20120418.7z GameFront
    tfp20120418.7z Mediafire

True First Person Demo

Version: 2012-04-18

UDK Version : 2012-03

Decompress to fresh UDK install, making sure to overwrite existing files.

• true first person view
    • simple weapon collision
    • iron sight / ADS system
    • item pickup via key
    • sprinting
    • walking
    • visible shouldered weapons
    • visible item pickup
    • head/face tracking via Seeing Machines FaceAPI
    • misc bugs

Source included.
    I focussed on making sure replication worked well.
    Fairly clean, lot of commenting.

Anyone looking into unreal script, animation trees, playing animations or replication should find it useful.

impressive man, really looking good

Very good!

I have one question regarding this How did you set up the weapon hold types? i tried checking the animsets but all that i could saw was just Additive animations

Awesome looking, i'll definitely be looking at how you set up the weapon pickups this is something I've been trying to figure out. Want a weapon pickup system like that in the Halo titles.

I'am really excited to see what you end up creating with this!

My only critics and I know this is still WIP but the gun running animation is really intense! Possibly make a less violent animation and for shooting add a crosshair or create your weapons to have true ironsights.

@alvarofer0021: The additive animations are part of it. Rather then using an AnimNodeAimOffset node, the animation tree uses an AnimNodeSequenceBlendByAim node. Then you add or remove animation sets via code. As long as the animations names in each set match (aim_CU, aim_CC, ready_run, ready_idle etc) they will play and blend correctly.

The code is pretty straight forward.
    Two new functions - ClearPlayerAnimSets() & AddPlayerAnimSets() - and an array for the weapon - PlayerAnimSets.
    Check out the WeaponAttachmentChanged() function in tfpPawn.uc for the logic.

@YakZSmelk: Don't plan on replacing the default UDK player animations or models - you'll have to live with it

Eh! Either way it's cool I've been having fun shooting bots in it!

Great work, SlowJusko. I've been following your work for a while now and am keenly interested in this type of camera/control for a UDK game, so it's very generous of you to have provided your work. I'm just about to start up with the new beta, now is a good time to take a look at what you've done here

Got a slight problem, I extracted teh files as directed started teh game and it ran fine, Some really cool stuff and very well done.
    However when trying to launch the game again, it just reverts back to the old game with none of your features running at all.

Any Help ?.

Need to pick the TFP.TFPGAME under "GAME MODE".
    It reverts to UTDeathMatch for some reason.
    I'll have to do some proper UI work.