Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Scene

jak_carver
    Quote Originally Posted by MatiasCastro View Post
    You're interested?
    Lets talk through PM. I do like the samples from your site, it sounds pretty good. We can discuss the style and everything. Also, I need to show you the final video that way you can get a feel for the entire thing. I have already rendered out a bunch of cinematic animation and stuff, but I have to composite it together. Once that's done, we can add your music to the video and we should have something pretty cool.

I'll probably have the video, or at least an initial draft done sometime this week (trying to manage different things right now that are taking some of my time up). When I have that draft video done, I'll show it to you, prob I will post it on Vimeo or somthing. Then you can see it and get a good feel for it. Thanks for offering your talents, looking forward to speaking with you through PM some more.

stevelois
    Quote Originally Posted by jak_carver View Post
    Back with another small, but subtle round of changes to the scene...
    Every pic I look at, I just fall down my chair damn it so stop posting so kic*-as* pics or I'll brake my neck &/or my chair if you continue !

I can tell you that all of what you accomplished so far is visually stunning ! You MUST BE very proud of this work because it look like a tripple "A" title made all by yourself

jak_carver
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Every pic I look at, I just fall down my chair damn it so stop posting so kic*-as* pics or I'll brake my neck &/or my chair if you continue !

I can tell you that all of what you accomplished so far is visually stunning ! You MUST BE very proud of this work because it look like a tripple "A" title made all by yourself
    wow, thanks for the comment. I really appreciate that you appreciate my work. I like to push myself further with every piece of work I do, and this portfolio piece was a quite the challenge, as I was trying to get highest quality work possible and as fast as possible, as I need my reel up ASAP as I currently am looking for a new job. I currently am putting it all together into an animation and I'll post the full reel when I'm done; it should be interesting.

weephun
    Wow, very nice indeed. Can't wait to see the reel.

jak_carver
    Quote Originally Posted by weephun View Post
    Wow, very nice indeed. Can't wait to see the reel.
    Hi weephun,

Thanks for the kind words, means a lot coming from you, really does. If you have a LinkedIn account, would you mind if we connected?

jak_carver
    Hey everyone,

It's been a few weeks since I last posted updates. I was caught up working on some freelance animation work for a new client. I found some time however, and I managed to wrap this project up. This piece is meant more to be part of my new demo reel, but I decided to make a separate video with just this piece, as well as a breakdown. I'm glad to finally be getting it out there and it was a lot of fun to work on. In the end I made one more change, following some critique from a friend, I added realtime reflections to the glass of the windows; it is very subtle as I didn't want mirror reflections that made it difficult to view the background of space outside.

The final video is 1080p and I uploaded it to Vimeo. Enjoy and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I also added some detailed information about the project in the Vimeo description. Here is the link to the video; I suggest watching it in HD, but that's just me

http://vimeo.com/31193419

Thanks to everyone that provided feedback and constructive criticism.

merc-ai
    I'm Commander Shephard* and this is my favorite Mass Effect-inspired UDK scene on this forum.

*actually, I'm not Shephard, but the rest is true.

jak_carver
    Quote Originally Posted by merc-ai View Post
    I'm Commander Shephard* and this is my favorite Mass Effect-inspired UDK scene on this forum.

*actually, I'm not Shephard, but the rest is true.

LMAO, I laughed so hard when I read this- hahaha that's a good one lol

Lord_PorkSword
    Fantastic M8! [insert Beer here]

jak_carver
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    Fantastic M8! [insert Beer here]
    Guiness sounds good