Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blender - Actorx

Blender - Actorx

I have made a human male with walk cycle animation.

I am using Blender 2.57.1 and now wish to export the model, rig and animation into UDK.

I have searched on the forum, from that I have gathered that actorx is not available for Blender.

I have read that you can export using FBX, I tried that and it did not work.

I tried ASE, that did not work.

Can someone point me to a video or link where I can read more detailed information on how to do this?

Thank you in advance.

If you look in the "addons" section of blender > user preferences. There is an addon by the name of PSK/PSA exporter for Unreal. Check version 2.2. it will let you export your skeletal mesh for UDK.

UDK currently, doesn't support blender natively. let's hope, this changes in future.

ASE is for static meshes only. not for skeletal mesh.

You can find info on PSK/PSA Here

Thanks for the info.

Is there a video or tutorial or documentation on how to use this PSK/PSA tool?

I took a look at the documentation from the link, it talks about check boxes, but there is not any.

I watched the first video, but the sound quality was poor and could not understand it.

I will check the rest of those links out, if anyone knows of any other video links, tutorials or documentation links, I would grateful.

I tried the most simple tutorial on that page, I can not get it to work.

I get an error when exporting. But no error appears in the info box.

Any ideas?

ok, first things first.
    1)You can use only one armature for your skeletal - mesh.
    2)All bones should be copied or extruded form the first bone of the mesh (usually called root bone and used as the parent of every other bone)
    3)All support bones (IK, FK, control bone etc) should not deform the mesh (uncheck deform option)
    4)before making animation or anything else. properly skin your mesh to the bones.
    5)apply location/rotation/scale for both mesh & armature
    6) Animate
    7) export via export, one animation at a time.

Thanks for all your help so far.

After watching another video that I found, I was missing another addon, it is found in the addon section. import/export for PSK. It brings up UDK tools. When you press 'T'.

It also has a console there, so I can now see error messages as to why the export fails.

I get the following error message:

Checking Armature Condtions(s):
    - One Armature Scene
    Error, Mesh Object not center. Vector <<loads of numbers here>>
    Error, Armature Object not center. Vector <<loads of numbers here>>
    Export Fail!

you need to apply step no 5 for both mesh & armature

Aha, that fixed it.

Wow, what a saga. The tale will be told in the halls of greatness, of a Hero with Blender skills swooping down and picking up his brother in time of need.

Many thanks.

I get the following error message if i try to export a simple mesh with armature and animation:

Exception during Armature Parse
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.58\scripts\addons\io_expor", line 1900, in execute
    write_data(self.filepath, context)
    File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.58\scripts\addons\io_expor", line 1754, in write_data
    fs_callback(path, context)
    File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.58\scripts\addons\io_expor", line 1692, in fs_callback
    parse_armature(blender_armature, psk, psa)
    File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.58\scripts\addons\io_expor", line 1080, in parse_armature
    raise RuntimeError("There too many Main bones. Number main bones:",mainbonec
    RuntimeError: ('There too many Main bones. Number main bones:', 3)

Dose anyboy have an idear how to avoid this error?