Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: input zone june version

  1. #1
    TechElv
    Guest

    input zone june version

    Hi all.
    I have a inputzone problem. Dont see input icons on screen. I was define this input zone lines inside mobile-udkgame.ini
    Code:
    [myfolder.mygame]
    +RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName="MyGroup",RequireZoneNames=("MyStickMoveZone"))
    +RequiredMobileInputconfigs=(GroupName="InitialFlybyGroup")
    Code:
    [MyStickMoveZone MobileInputZone]
    InputKey=MOBILE_AForward
    HorizontalInputKey=MOBILE_AStrafe
    Type=ZoneType_Joystick
    bRelativeX=true
    bRelativeY=true
    bRelativeSizeX=true
    bRelativeSizeY=true
    X=0.05
    Y=-0.4
    SizeX=0.1965
    SizeY=1.0
    bSizeYFromSizeX=true
    VertMultiplier=-1.0
    HorizMultiplier=1.0
    bScalePawnMovement=true
    RenderColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255)
    InactiveAlpha=0.25
    bUseGentleTransitions=true
    ResetCenterAfterInactivityTime=3.0
    ActivateTime=0.6
    DeactivateTime=0.2
    TapDistanceConstraint=5
    I was extend my pawn class from Pawn. Playercontrollerclass -> GamePlayercontroller. Gameclass -> FrameworkGame. Any idea?

  2. #2
    Showster
    Guest
    Guess here but aren't the zones setup in mobilepc? if you aren't extending from that you may want to copy all the setup functionality.

  3. #3
    TechElv
    Guest
    MobilePC was deleted june udk version.

  4. #4
    AdAstra
    Guest
    it was renamed to SimplePC and moved to UDKBase.
    You should read the release notes...

  5. #5
    TechElv
    Guest
    Omg i skipped release notes. sorry. Thank for reply. I'll try that.

  6. #6
    Milali
    Guest
    yeah this is a huge change for june release. lots of stuff needs migrated back to standard udk for mobile and you also need to change some inheritance

  7. #7
    insanerob
    Guest

    Same problem here too and not using Mobile.classes

    I'm having a similar problem and none of my classes are extended from mobile.* classes , they are all from GameFramework.

    The ini file changes outlined in the mobile upgrade doc don't help much becase they say
    'MobileGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini -> UDKGame\Config\Mobile\MobileGame.ini ' but all the input zones for the sample games that ship with June aren't in there , they are in
    UDKGame\Config\DefaultGameUDK.ini , Mobile-UDKGame.ini and UDKGame.ini

    The Mobile Input Docs haven't been updated ( I don't know if they need to be ) and still say DefaultGame.ini

    SetupZones is being called in my playerController and one of my zones that has a delegate for OnProcessInputDelegate works fine.

    It's probably my programming somewhere as I bolted my zones onto the UberGroup, but it all worked fine in May and not in June .... no errors either in the logs or compile

    I'll let you know what I find

    Rob

  8. #8
    Gimax
    Guest
    I had similar issue with my button.
    I modified DefaultGameUDK.ini (previously DefaultGame.ini) and all my functionality came back. Modifying Mobile-UDKGame.ini didn't give me any effect.

    Not sure if that will be your case too.

  9. #9
    WilliamDocherty
    Guest
    HI


    It also took me a while to get my head round the ini file changes and their intended use; but I interpreted the upgrade doc instructions to mean literally merge all your own project specific settings into the mobilegame.ini, mobileengine.ini & mobileinput.ini files within the config/mobile folder.

    So for example, all my own input zones are defined within UDKGame\Config\Mobile\MobileGame.ini (which I believe is what the instructions mean).

    This means that you don't need to edit or worry about other zones defined in for example DefaultGameUDK.

    Ini files prefixed with "Mobile-" (such as Mobile-UDKGame.ini) shouldn't be edited as they are auto-generated from the other ini files. However, I find these are the best files to check for "final" settings as they represent the merging of the ini file hierarchy.

    I actually think the new ini file structure to be better & so far looks easier to control/setup your own project (not that I'm a huge fan of the ini files - there's a lot of layers and overriding of values). It's also great not having 2 editors, etc & this separation of config files should make future integrations easier.

    The only other change I made to the ini files that you may also find useful is to add

    [SystemSettings]
    ResX=960
    ResY=640

    to your MobileEngine.ini file - otherwise it launches up in the previewer, etc in the default PC res.

    I managed to port my project over fairly quickly & it seems to be working fine on the device, previewer, etc doing it this way.

    Hope that was in some way useful

    Cheers
    William

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •