Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DM-Asbestos

Private Tux

Smile It's not that bad.

Needs player load and preview shot (never mind about it for what TKBS said and this map is a BETA release). Nice exact textures and meshes from the UT2004 one (maybe I should call a conversion), at least this one is a bit scaled but the lighting needs improved more and others are plain good. There are few paths that are stucked including the stairs in the sniper room, but fine gameplay and the bots are decent. Except for the fact that the two-sided alpha/masked floor textures are only affected to humans not a weapon projectile, you frag them inside the alpha textures as soon as possible in a bit attention. Note that this map is barely uncooked (or not) due to its bigger file size.

TKBS
    A comparison would be nice;this one ^^
    & this one:...
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ht=DM-Asbestos

- and if your verdict is "could be improved " [for both Versions], then i might consider this a remake i woul dlike to do myself.
    [long time from now - but maybe eventually]

@ Tux: again thanks for the continued reviews; i did not even know about this map

SkaarjMaster

Smile

OK, I'm in the middle of downloading both of the betas and I'll try and compare them soon. Has anyone else done this?

Private Tux
    Quote Originally Posted by TKBS View Post
    A comparison would be nice;this one ^^
    & this one:...
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ht=DM-Asbestos

- and if your verdict is "could be improved " [for both Versions], then i might consider this a remake i woul dlike to do myself.
    [long time from now - but maybe eventually]

@ Tux: again thanks for the continued reviews; i did not even know about this map
    You're welcome.

Stated that this map is a conversion from UT2004 (calling it Asbestos_Classic); and the other one is the custom contents for UT3 (eventually that is originally in UT2003). Both of these two are good remakes, great pairs, and similar, but beta releases and postponing for the final release however.

Private Tux
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    OK, I'm in the middle of downloading both of the betas and I'll try and compare them soon. Has anyone else done this?
    Don't know, the author(s) knows that. Just do it.

SkaarjMaster

comparison

DM-Asbestos (by Akybron) > needs preview shot, no music and needs more sounds; more dilapidated than UT2004/UT2003 original and like the different look, bots are decent and have tough time xlocing near FC pickup to get powerup.

DM-Asbestos (by NetLizzard) this one > needs preview shot, map is similar to original and seems to have slight haze, very good textures/meshes, music is different than original, bots are very good and I prefer this version. As far as naming goes, both never made it to final so any naming controversy is moot point, besides both maps appear in map list at same time with different names.
    http://www.map-factory.org/ut3/death...-asbestos-3146

Both, of course, need a recommended player load.