Processing maps takes FOREVER to complete. In a scene with 6 bsps, 3 static meshes, and 2 lights.
Everything else goes pretty quick, the stuff with the photons and so on, it's practically instantaneous. But processing maps takes forever just in the preview settings for this scene (and my other scenes).
I'm not exactly sure what caused this problem to occur.
I have been using Swarm to create lighting in my scenes without a problem in this build of the UDK before. The only thing I can think of that I have changed in my computer since then is my video card drivers - but I rolled back and I'm still having this problem.
Last night, I decided to leave my PC on all night while it builds the lighting in preview settings for my scene with 6 brushes. It did complete, but it took all night.
Intel i7 950 3.07 ghz
12 gbs of RAM
Nvidia GTX 570
I've got the December 2010 build of the UDK and I'll try rebuilding my simple scene in there, although I know that build is missing one of the props I want to render in there. And it doesn't have any of my newer scenes in their current forms so I don't care if it even works in that version.
If I'm unable to solve this with the help of anyone on the forums then I'm hoping that the May version of the UDK will resolve this issue.
It seems that I was trying to lightmap an object that had an emissive map and that was causing the problem. It's strange because this hasn't caused a problem before. And it's unfortunate that the UDK doesn't notify me that this is causing any issue.
After changing the lightmap assignment to a different UV so it wouldn't try and lightmap onto my emissive material, it seems to have solved the issue.