Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts[RC1]

Nemephosis
    Jesus, I'll just email them.

edit: There, I did it.

lilalurl
    Quote Originally Posted by LIPRampage View Post
    Where did can i get VCTF4 gametype?I google it and i just find maps, can someone help please?
    http://bigbattleservers.com/forum/vi...hp?f=30&t=3012

will lead you to:

http://bigbattleservers.com/download...2011-01-08.rar

not a final version as pd_/PaD said.

LIPRampage
    Quote Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
    Thanks!!!

Nemephosis
    Got a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo

Hi (my name),

I appreciate your interest in Nintendo and all our video game products. To us, it represents a great sign of success and recognition of the Nintendo brand.

We are grateful for all the requests we receive for permission to use the music Mario Kart for you game; however, we receive thousands of requests and do not have adequate staffing to review them all. Therefore, our general policy is to decline all such requests, no exceptions. I realize this isn’t what you wanted to hear and thank you for understanding.

Although we are unable to grant permission, use of Nintendo properties without our formal permission may still be allowed depending on the circumstances. You are encouraged to seek your own legal counsel if you have any questions about whether your particular proposed use is permitted without Nintendo's authorization. This is not a comment on whether we believe your particular proposed use is permissible—Nintendo cannot provide legal advice.

Sincerely,

Bruce Mann
    Nintendo of America Inc.
    Basically what they're saying is they're not saying no because they don't want us to use it, they're saying no because it's the default answer as opposed to sifting through thousands of requests and they don't have the manpower, and that I should basically pay a lawyer so he can tell me "You're not making money, so no big deal".

Just do it. They don't seem to care much, they're just saying "we say no as a default answer so people won't inundate us with questions".

LIPRampage
    Quote Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
    Atention who download this:

Requirements:

UT2004 patch 3369(my 3339 version not runned, needed to install 3369 on it to it run)
    UT2004 ECE Bonus pack
    CTF4 mod.

Just to who wants to download it, have it files and you can download it with no problem!

Net Lizzard
    I hate any Nintendo content, but this map is really awesome!

LoveFest
    Looks fun. Reminds me of CTF-Suess in an old, warm familiar way.

Private Tux

Cool Very fun!

This map is very fun and needs the preview shot for the game (don't mind about it because this map is version RC1). 8-bit textures are likeable to me (including chess board floor, stripes and bricks) and the bots are quite good at. In fact, the music background played well on Mario Kart music themes, the Austin Powers theme song (music included on my Austin Powers Voice Pack for UT2004), or anything by pressing F11 for the music player.

PS: I'm using one of the internet radio stations I've been currently listening to while playing this map with no music in the game.

Sly.
    Thank you, this was a very easy faithful remake as it's very low poly. I was even lucky to get the scaling right with the first try (one dodgejump to jump from one fort to the other when not using the lower bridge). I placed the flags on the edges so you can also do a nice impactjump/shieldjump with the flag when coming from the bottom. The health packs are there to allow the player to make an impactjump without killing himself. I hope people are making use of this.
    I still have no idea what music (preferably default music) to use for this one after all these months, so if anybody has a suggestion, post it here so I can finally get this done. lol

tidel
    Great Map! used DMEverywhere mod to play this map as a deathmatch instead of CTF and it was great! I simply pressed F11 as TuxAndroid mentioned and loaded up the music from Mario64_bo-omb battlefield. Lots of found memories from Mario Kart 64. I remember one time i played so long with my little cousins that afterwards, everytime i closed my eyes i saw karts and shells. true story.