Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Interactive Architecture in UDK

My Interactive Architecture in UDK

Hello guys, I would like to show you this project.

This is a good forum to show my work, and receive some comments.

I am always looking the game industry, working with some engines and meeting people that make Interactive Architecture. Today I see the real possibility to make Architecture without the need to render. Of course we have some limitations and the opmized work, but one time did, the possibility to update and look all in real time is fantastic!

I am really satisfied with the actual tools of the UDK, for example in the light solution, we see radiosity (created in Mirror's Edge game if I am not wrong), and a lot more cool features.

Ok, so I will post some images, and if you want to see a HD YOUTUBE VIDEO you can click here:

Thanks for comments and have a good work in UDK.

Segue algumas imagens:

Looking good dude!

I like the outside greenery and that.. Were these made in speedtree?

Only comment and crit from myself would be the speed you walk around at wants to be slower so it's more like a real persons pace. Reference a real distance in the model and time in real life how long it takes to walk it and see if you can get it to match and see how it feels.

Top work though!

awesome!!!very nice lighting....

very good framerate what pc spec u running?

Really nice work, would love to see some wireframes if you could post some.

Also, from watching the videos, I really think you should have put the extra 10% effort in and tried to refrain from using content that came with UDK. The foliage is fine, but the pillars and lights totally throw the viewer.

Still, your lighting and architecture modelling is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by benprince85 View Post
    Looking good dude!
    I like the outside greenery and that.. Were these made in speedtree?
    those are UDK's default assets. most of them. im pretty sure of it.

but I commended you, banzato on your placement, your lighting and your architecture. looks sweet

benprince85 The floor vegetation is from UDK, but some trees like coconut palm are from speedtree. I already have a 0.7 speed, 1.0 is to fast. Maybe 0.5 should be more natural but a little slow.

horoxhoro Thanks man, I am using a xeon computer but I saw the level very nice on a IMac 21" with radeon videocard. I beliave with a GeForce 8800GT or better can make good results.

Piranhi Alright, I have to prepare some screens with wireframe. Is there any console command that shows wireframe? Thanks, I tried to show a good way for architecture works.

Roxez Yeah, there are lot UDK's default assets, that helped me a lot. Thanks.

hi ! very cool !... i like your lightning too
    How do you spawn your vegetion ?
    Did you use foliage ?

blz banzato.

achei engraçado vc trocar de lingua na ultima frase antes das fotos...heheheh

"Thanks for comments and have a good work in UDK.

Segue algumas imagens:"

esqueceu que o forum é inglês?

gostei muito do seu trabalho e fiquei interessado no conteudo dos cursos.

tem como a gente falar mais deles?

WOW! Really shows off what you can do with arch viz and the UDK. Awesome work!
    And like others have said, the speed is rather fast. Half that speed I think would be best... ??