Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unreal Old Friends Map Pack 2

TIPPER
    DM Amytis

Stunning mate. Once again not my sort of map but I’m keeping this one. To play this well is beyond my skill level, (I know it’s sad after all these years ) If I spent less time looking at the scenery I would probably spend less time looking at the underneath as I plummet to the ground
    I’ve persisted with this map because it really is a gorgeous looking creation. You’ve got extreme detail, imaginative layout, even the underneath has had care taken over it. I’ve had some fun trying to hammer jump my way out of the ****. What I have enjoyed is using a different weapon selection, Crucible etc. It’s a lot of fun with Hammers and Pistols for example.
    I haven’t found any faults with it yet; prolly coz I’m upside down and heading to earth before I get a proper look around. However, it looks to be a very well made map and should have the low grav and Insta Gib players pinging around like Bl!tz for many happy hours.
    A first class construction and detail map.

TIPPER
    Well Steve mate you’re just boring now It’s got to the point where I creep around your maps hoping to find a problem
    I checked this map out before you filled in the centre and thought then this was going to be a bit tasty
    Its great map mate and all the better for being less erm, busy, than your earlier offerings.
    What I particularly like about your maps in general is the detail outside the accessible areas and attention to skyboxes, player drop areas such as the water and rocks under this map.
    There have been a few maps where these areas have been a bit neglected and imo have spoilt the overall effect. Nice to see you’ve still kept your attention to detail.
    For hardcore players such things may not matter, too busy to look around, but for me it’s the little things that make the map
    I think you’ve got the layout complexity and pretty stuff about right on this one. As with most maps the bots have their preferred routes and if you’re a bit sharp with the rocket launcher and have a bot sniper in the tower you can make life rather difficult for the blue team so possibly a slight imbalance in game play there. However, they get around it most of the time so not a major problem.
    I have found a couple of problems. Outside the red base (centre left coming from blue) there are some barrels, hay rake handle (? )and stuff in a niche between two walls and the bots fall in and get stuck.
    There is also a bot problem on the left hand exit from the red base in the doorway facing the thigh shields. I don’t know if the bots think they can’t be seen there and are hoping to catch you blasting out of base or they do actually get stuck there.
    Great CTF map mate. Make some more

still more to come....

stevelois
    Quote Originally Posted by TIPPER View Post
    Well Steve mate you’re just boring now It’s got to the point where I creep around your maps hoping to find a problem
    I checked this map out before you filled in the centre and thought then this was going to be a bit tasty
    Its great map mate and all the better for being less erm, busy, than your earlier offerings.
    What I particularly like about your maps in general is the detail outside the accessible areas and attention to skyboxes, player drop areas such as the water and rocks under this map.
    There have been a few maps where these areas have been a bit neglected and imo have spoilt the overall effect. Nice to see you’ve still kept your attention to detail.
    For hardcore players such things may not matter, too busy to look around, but for me it’s the little things that make the map
    I think you’ve got the layout complexity and pretty stuff about right on this one. As with most maps the bots have their preferred routes and if you’re a bit sharp with the rocket launcher and have a bot sniper in the tower you can make life rather difficult for the blue team so possibly a slight imbalance in game play there. However, they get around it most of the time so not a major problem.
    I'm glad you like the visuals & the details of this map

In the other hand, by trying to add details, it consume much more time to actually finish the level. This map took me 14 months to build & as you I like when the non playable area look nice.

I to, love the details. I could had spend more time adding this & that to gain more immersion but I always keep visuals vs. performances in mind. I only add what I feel was enough & optimize the map the more I can so you don't loss much visuals / immersion in lower detail mode (low / medium settings) or play in full details without impacting FPS much.

I have found a couple of problems. Outside the red base (centre left coming from blue) there are some barrels, hay rake handle (? )and stuff in a niche between two walls and the bots fall in and get stuck.
    There is also a bot problem on the left hand exit from the red base in the doorway facing the thigh shields. I don’t know if the bots think they can’t be seen there and are hoping to catch you blasting out of base or they do actually get stuck there.
    Great CTF map mate. Make some more
    I'm aware of 1 issue only & I did everything to fix it without success but it's not one of this issue & it's not at those spots neither, odd?

But I'm glad you like the map in all

Since you like the details, Citius is my next very detailed map I presume you will like the visuals at least.

THX for the detailed feedback m8

DarkSonny07
    I have to stop the freakin visual orgasm-fest in this mappack XDDD

Until next pack for several months I will not revive that fest XD

Many thanks for your effort tharalla is not usual to see an greenish and refreshin map wow
    Steve nice progress in ctf-citius keep going mate!
    Blizt your map is atmospheric XD
    LORD your maps here is pure poetic for my eyes only could be perfect a music like that ones in the tokkara map for ut2k4 that would be oooh floatin

M^vL
    Damn you guys, you had to go and release a map pack while I was on vacation! A little heads up next time please (so I can tell the wife we aren't going...).

Bl!tz~
    Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    Damn you guys, you had to go and release a map pack while I was on vacation! A little heads up next time please (so I can tell the wife we aren't going...).
    hahaha u have too much vacations ! that s it old branch!

stevelois
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    I have to stop the freakin visual orgasm-fest in this mappack XDDD

Until next pack for several months I will not revive that fest XD

Many thanks for your effort tharalla is not usual to see an greenish and refreshin map wow
    Steve nice progress in ctf-citius keep going mate!
    Blizt your map is atmospheric XD
    LORD your maps here is pure poetic for my eyes only could be perfect a music like that ones in the tokkara map for ut2k4 that would be oooh floatin
    LOL

Citius...........heu............yeah.

THX for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    ROFL!

I had a good laugh Martin

Next time, we're going to wait before releasing the pack just for ya

Anyway, post your impressions when you have the time, one day

Odedge
    I am glad you guys are enjoying the pack and thanks for letting us know that you are.

@ Wolfy

Big thanks for your reviews/detailed comments. While we work hard to make the maps, this is how we like to get paid.

That being said, I am glad you like DeReZ. It actually was smaller, but people kept telling me it was too small. I think I found a good balance for "tight" game play.

I tested the Berserk Kismet sequence a lot (it would drop 10 FPS on my computer at one point). I do have a lot of things being turned on, so it may stress some computers.

I want my maps to be enjoyable to play first and foremost. I am open to make a "special edition" that tones down the sequence. I will wait to see if others have a similar experience and go from there.

Thanks again...

DarkSonny07
    Hey steve read you thread about fatima lol

Show must go on! xd

NØØb_Zaibot
    Hey guys thanks for this great work, each map is very well detailed and polished, focused on different types of players, my favorite is the map by Odedge, but that's because I like to play mostly DM in maps not so open with very few players(3 or 4) and this map is a perfect place for this, but as I said, each map is focused on different types of players, i had Some collision Issues inside of the water in the map by bltz, but in essence, is a great map pack , I have no complaints. congratulations UOF team!