Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Sunspire & Spire Village in UE2

Sly.
    "Merging" those two mods could be indeed a good idea. Well, the SP Framework uses the SP prefix anyway, except for "episode maps" (maps that shall not be shown in the browser but shall continue the story of the previous map).
    I'll play a bit around with it, see if I like what's in the CU mod and if needed add it (and of course give credit to the creator).
    So far the SP Frame was enough for my tastes.

lowenz
    Any news?

Sly.
    Don't worry, I didn't give up on that. Atm I just have other priorities, but I will get back to it and finish it.
    If everything goes right I might have it done by the end of the year and release it as a New Years special (with some fireworks in the AS version and a happy new year and other little surprises ), it's really hard to get the right scale of its interior such as the spire in itself, playing with the thought to convert the original Sunspire and import it into a modelling program and do it there.

Glad to see people are still interested in it.

I also have a CTF-High map which I have to put into Beta state and a few others to finish.
    Busy busy busy.

Wail of Suicide
    Sly what state is the map currently in, if you don't mind my asking. I'd really like to see some original Unreal maps for Clan DW's Monster Evolution server, might consider doing some of the work to bring it there as long as there's complete geometry.

Sly.
    Technically, Spire Village is completely done, the Sunspire has some nasty scaling issues though and since the map's focus is entirely on the Sunspire it will take time to do it right. I had a part of the interior done already but it didn't match in scale. It will be the easiest solution if I export the original Spire as a static mesh and build it around it and I still have to exchange the ISV-Kran with a high poly model.

Decolayers are still missing, but if I get some spare time I might add them and release Spire Village as a standalone map for your server, that is, if you're fine with that. There is a small performance breakdown when looking at the Spire from the village (due to the huge size), need to add a occlusion volume yet.

Skred
    Hmmmm, I like the idea here. Sly, I don't see why one of your levels cannot be put into UCBP. UC2 had a remake of CTF-Gauntlet in it. I've seen several UT2004 remakes, but maybe you could do a much better version?

Just a thought. The screens look good man, and it sounds interesting.

Sly.
    It depends on the style it had, I only know the UT99 version. I never played Gauntlet in UC2, but I could do a UC2 inspired remake if you wish, you would just have to explain what kind of style you would expect and what scale would be appropriate.

Skred
    I totally know the texture set it used for sure and the floor plan was pretty much just like the original, I think anyway. I'll have to look at the level. I know at least a few of the textures and meshes in use are already imported into UT2004 in my DM-Deadbolt remake, although Gaunlet looks a lot different. The main wall texture they used was different and gave the map a totally different look.

I'll look into it if you really think it's something you want to do.

chrisl121212
    Hey Sly, I like this map idea. Spire Village has always been one of my favorite Unreal levels. I can't decide between that and Na Pali Haven (the S3TC version skybox is amazing in that level). Is this project still being worked on? Also if you are combining the Sunspire in, is it only gonna be a part of it? I hated the Sunspire because of how confusing it was. That map had me going in circles for almost 3 hours straight, both times I've played it. Is this map almost near a beta release or is it even still being worked on? I would help but I'm still learning UnrealEd, I'm going through the 3dbuzz tutorials one by one and I have a bunch to go. Once I learn UnrealEd for UT3 I may understand UnrealEd for UT2004 and I could help with the map. I would love to play Invasion on this map. I hope you continue working on it!

lowenz
    Up for this too!