Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to extract UT3 content for UT2004?

maxdamage
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdamage View Post
    Ok I have a problem.I was busy placing this static mesh in the map then suddenly I looked at it and wondered why it looked odd?I tried to remember what I had done on my test map for UT3 that uses these static meshes and I then remembered about the support that went under each of the 4 struts but there is a problem.The support is not located in the HU_Deco7 package and I don't know where to look as I can't use the 3D viewer feature of umodel gui to check out the files to find it.

Skred
    Open the original UT3 map and locate the mesh and find it's pacakge. Or use a stock 2k4 strut that will work visually and save some polys. Might be something in SG_LO meshes or a related pacakge that will work for you with a reskin. Chances are you're going to need to do that anyway in places throughout the level to make it playable in UT2004.

maxdamage
    Quote Originally Posted by FewPosts View Post
    Open the original UT3 map and locate the mesh and find it's pacakge. Or use a stock 2k4 strut that will work visually and save some polys. Might be something in SG_LO meshes or a related pacakge that will work for you with a reskin. Chances are you're going to need to do that anyway in places throughout the level to make it playable in UT2004.
    Like I have said before I cannot open my UT3 map with the support in.The only way is to use the static mesh and open it in milkshape 3D and delete everything except one of the supports and center it and export if to .ase format as that alone is what the support that goes underneath is suppose to be.

100GPing100
    if it is a support, maybe it is in HU_Supports, i'll see if I can find it, if I do find, I'll export it and import it into 3D Studio Max, then convert to .ase and upload it with the material's textures.

Bad news, didn't found it in any of the Human packages

maxdamage
    Quote Originally Posted by 100GPing100 View Post
    if it is a support, maybe it is in HU_Supports, i'll see if I can find it, if I do find, I'll export it and import it into 3D Studio Max, then convert to .ase and upload it with the material's textures.

Bad news, didn't found it in any of the Human packages
    Thanks but why not just use this method:
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdamage View Post
    The only way is to use the static mesh and open it in milkshape 3D and delete everything except one of the supports and center it and export if to .ase format as that alone is what the support that goes underneath is suppose to be.
    ?

maxdamage
    I have good news and bad news.The good news I can run umodel gui and umodel on my laptop even though I have only .net v1.1 and 2.0 installed.I can "run" apps that require v3.0 and 3.5 but I can't understand that though?I also copied some of the UT3 packages onto a flash drive and copied them to the laptop and opened them and it worked.Here is a test screenshot of the app with one of the vehicles loaded in the 3D preview:
    and I looked through the HU_Supports.upk package and this one kinda looks familar and it could be the one I used in my map but since I can't open it I'll never know until I finally can :

maxdamage

Meowcat converted one of the columns into .ase format and has imported perfectly.The only problem with it is that I am having with my laptop and excessive heat plus problems with the temp of the hdd. My laptop can just handle the map while in unrealed....

GreatEmerald
    Did you set your graphics options to the lowest while in UnrealEd? It should help.

Skred
    If the map will not run well in UED, generally, it's not going to run well in game either. You will need to find a happy medium between UT2004 and UT3. Otherwise you are really wasting your time and causing yourself alot of extra uneeded frustration.

There have been other UT3 maps ported to UT2004, and I STRONGLY suggest you take a look at those before you proceed any further.

GreatEmerald
    It's a laptop. Of course it won't run well, what do you expect?