Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips for UT newcomers

Sly.
    can't wait till you do a beginners guide to UT4 !!!!!!!!!!
    If Epic will do a UT4 and make a UT4 subforum, there will definitely be a new guide!
    I would also like to make a UT99 newcomer guide but here's no UT99 subforum.

PS: The Training map link seems down... Damn, I should have noted the person who offered it when I added it... *facepalm*
    EDIT: It was a "famous" community member... not sure, but I think it could have been Crazy. Must check the old WIP-list thread where I got it from.

Raptarus
    Excelent guide Sly, helped me alot! Keep up the good work dude!

s7urm
    Experience teaches: Don't chase people behind corners, usually they are waiting up close with a Flak (or pick your favourite one-shot-to-face wepaon) cannon and you end up in a liquid form.
    Only chase if you are positive the enemy does not have proper weapons, is low on health and you are going in for the kill.

Reee
    Thx you have provided nice information here.

Frost00
    Thanks for the tips! Me and my fellas are going to participate this year. That was useful advice, I appreciate that

Henrik
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpack_Jack View Post
    And if i remember rightly, Henrik produced some excellent youtube training vids, which touched on timings? (Mastering UT3 Video Series?)
    A bit late in my reply, but thank you Jetpack_Jack. I did produce several UT3 training videos including complete guides to the Black Edition extra gametypes. http://youtube.com/voxhousestudio

Jetpack_Jack
    Hi Henrik!
    Good to hear you're still about & thanks again for all your contributions to the UT3 community

Henrik
    Yeah, working more with UDK nowadays but still as active here as ever.

EgoMan
    hey there,
    I used to play ut3 back in 2007 and now I'm back and see there's quite a few add ons (titan pack, patches, extensions, etc..)
    has anyone got a list with all the (essential) add ons and the order in which to install them? I don't want to miss out on anything and can't seem to find a comprehensive, updated list (mist just be blind here)

thanks a ton, highly appreciate it

wikkid
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoMan View Post
    hey there,
    I used to play ut3 back in 2007 and now I'm back and see there's quite a few add ons (titan pack, patches, extensions, etc..)
    has anyone got a list with all the (essential) add ons and the order in which to install them? I don't want to miss out on anything and can't seem to find a comprehensive, updated list (mist just be blind here)

thanks a ton, highly appreciate it
    It is pretty simple.

Install the Titan Pack Download Link
    Then install the patch Download Link
    Then join a Server and pew pew!!