Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UDK action game - 3rd person camera code

joesan
    I copied the code from sintaxerror22 and it works beautifully, no errors but for the life of me I can't give the pawn a gun, any gun, it appears in the editor holding nothing but all movements are correct. I am using the ubiquitous CH_LIAM_Cathode.Mesh.SK_CH_LIAM_Cathode. I have the proper GameType and under PIE the same ActionGame.
    What am I missing?

lVampirel
    Hey, nicely done on the camera, but I have a problem. I used the camera but I can seem to get my custom player model in there, all i see is a floating gun.

joesan
    I have no problem with camera, rotation or zooming at all but my skeletalMesh (standard UDK) does have no weapon. Please tell me what I am missing.

ger101
    So I've used OP's script at first and then changed to online|offworld's script, but when using either of them and changing the gametype to my game, I can't see the UT guy with the gun. I can still run around, move the camera, etc. Does anyone know how to spawn as him when using these scripts?

saiboat
    Can somebody tell me what's wrong when then camera doesn't look at the pawn but keeps looking one direction while orbiting it?

dobermann
    THx man, you are great!

lVampirel
    How do you make it where the pawn aims where the crosshair is when you fire or right click after coming out of face rotation? whats the best way to do it?

areonx
    Hello,

I`m using Hawk code, but it isn`t working us I want.

Changed vecCamHeight = vect(0,0,0); to vecCamHeight = vect(-20,20,0);, it made crosshair little bit higher and right. In the Hawks code, crosshair moves and camera too.

But I want that crosshair stayed on that corner and the bullets are going where crosshair is aimed, and camera would stay in the place, example of Hawk code:

You can see, that if you move camera, pawn is moving from one side to other and when you are firing, bullets are going not in the aimed place. So I want to make camera as in this video:

1. Watch from 4:00 min, you can see, that crosshair is in the middle but pawn stands little bit on the left, when you rotate, crosshair doesn`t move, it stays in the middle and pawn too, it doesn`t jump from one side to other in the camera, while it is doing like that in Hawk code!

2. How can I make the pawn rotate when pressed button?! For example, pawn stands, you rotate camera around and want to fire on someone who is behind you. I hope I explained what I would love to achieve!

Someone can help?!

ger101
    Quote Originally Posted by ger101 View Post
    So I've used OP's script at first and then changed to online|offworld's script, but when using either of them and changing the gametype to my game, I can't see the UT guy with the gun. I can still run around, move the camera, etc. Does anyone know how to spawn as him when using these scripts?
    So it turns out I just needed to add the SkeletalMesh in my MyPawn...bleh.

Anyway, I've got another problem:

How do I get him to actually hold the weapons? It's like that with the shock rifle and the rocket launcher as well. Also, is it possible to make him shoot in the direction he's facing instead of where the crosshair is pointing?

syntaxerror22
    Wow, nice to see my thread still going after all these years. =D

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know I'm FINALLY going to get some work done on the action game this camera code is for. Here's some concept sketches for ya =3

http://vixengames.com/images/ninja-s...oncept1024.png
    http://vixengames.com/images/Stealth-concept1-1280.png
    http://vixengames.com/images/shaman-tigsie.jpg

Yup, it is a furry game, deal with it.