Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kinect for UDK..?

That is the point, Maya for example has a new tool to use two cameras’ to do simple mo cap that comes with the build (when using mo cap sensors and just straight forward video footage). Not a big leap I think for this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Deranged View Post
    Seriously, stop trolling. We obviously know what kinect is meant for, I mean WTF? The point of this thread is to discuss weather it can also be used as a cheap motion capture device for animators. I don't really like using kinect to actually play the game, especially in a shooter. Proceed.
    I was not trolling believe me you will know when Im trolling. I was saying to those who think Kinect uses animations like the wii when in fact the player creates animations using the Kinect. Kinect is already MotionCap equipment on a fundamental level. But if it where to become a mocap tool it wont be some easy way to create animation you still have to know how mocap works but you would be turning all the different kinect data into a useable animation data for 3d application from their you would be still fixing and tweaking it. If kinect did become a mocap alternative you would still need say Motionbuilder (a mocap rdy app by autodesk). It wont be a easy way to create all your games animations. It will still require you know how to be a motion capture artist and know the pipeline and the new kinect pipeline.It may be cheaper but it wont be easier.

this was done using naturalpoint's optitrack systems

Quote Originally Posted by Hboybowen View Post
    It may be cheaper but it wont be easier.
    Yes, it will. With the RIGHT software/plugin Kinect camera mo-cap data would be totally usable for animation. Especially if it was saved to a common mo-cap/animation format like bms.

Would it need tweaking? Sure. Every animator tweaks

Natualpoint looks like a fine product. But here is (a potential) one that costs $4,850.00 LESS

And check this one out as well.

Heya, for an api using Kinect for Windows SDK -->