Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first base mesh (help)

SaMeH
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezy View Post
    For a first try @ zBrush, I must say I'm pretty impressed.

Chest position now looks way better but the shaping is now really strange Unless he has some implants, haha. I would say, try to round up the chest area more.

Keep it up. You'll get somewhere.
    do you mean this way ??

MegaDeth81
    I agree with Deezy on both accounts. You're definitely looking better and some rounding could help.

What are you using for source material? The problem some people have when drawing or modeling the human figure from memory is that they have an idea of what the human body looks like. And most of the time it's a skewed reality. You should get in the habit of modeling from source materials, such as pictures, to hone your craft. And eventually, over time, you'll be able to do it on the fly.

But great first effort, keep up the good work!

SaMeH
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDeth81 View Post
    I agree with Deezy on both accounts. You're definitely looking better and some rounding could help.

What are you using for source material? The problem some people have when drawing or modeling the human figure from memory is that they have an idea of what the human body looks like. And most of the time it's a skewed reality. You should get in the habit of modeling from source materials, such as pictures, to hone your craft. And eventually, over time, you'll be able to do it on the fly.

But great first effort, keep up the good work!
    thank you , too bad i didnt use a source material because i just wanted to make a simple mesh that i can build my clothes on

btw is it better now , or still need to be rounding ?

MegaDeth81
    It's definitely better than what you started with. If all you're going to do is model clothes on him then yeah it's probably good enough to start that. Are you planning on doing a cloth simulation over this model or are you going use z-brush to morph clothes over this body? What's your "endgame"?

DannRees
    The topology of the mesh should also be a consideration as it will not deform properly when animated. What's the low poly wire look like?

SaMeH
    It's definitely better than what you started with. If all you're going to do is model clothes on him then yeah it's probably good enough to start that. Are you planning on doing a cloth simulation over this model or are you going use z-brush to morph clothes over this body? What's your "endgame"?
    i dont know the z-brush morph clothes yet i am beginner maybe i'll search for it
    but i use simple mesh from 3ds max and cover the base mesh

Quote Originally Posted by DannRees View Post
    The topology of the mesh should also be a consideration as it will not deform properly when animated. What's the low poly wire look like?
    do you mean the base mesh or clothes
    i'll make a pic of it on 3ds max

thanks all for ur efforts and helping

MegaDeth81
    There's no command for morph clothes. I meant are you going to use z-brush to model clothes from this mesh.

SaMeH
    There's no command for morph clothes. I meant are you going to use z-brush to model clothes from this mesh.
    ah yes here is the pics with what i made now

and this is low poly wireframe

MegaDeth81
    Your base mesh looks high on polys. Check out this tutorial, you'll be able to see how he laid out his polys compared to your model. You're both in the 6000 range but he was able to apply more to the face and I think that his poly count includes the weapon.

http://www.paultosca.com/makingofvarga.html

For game characters you want to try to achieve your detail in texturing and normal maps, so all the extra polygons you have throughout your low-poly mesh could be cleaned up a lot. Also, on your low-poly mesh you want to focus on the silhouette and do your detail in the high-poly mesh.

Does that make sense?

MegaDeth81
    Here's another example of a simple poly mesh layout. Just to give you an idea on how you can clean up your mesh. It's the default man from Mudbox.

This mesh is only 2068 polygons, btw.