Thread: exec function Jump()

exec function Jump()

I am somewhat new to the UDK, but I followed the ball's tutorial on making a small and simple game. It works beautifully, so I tried to modify the jump function so I may add my code to allow the player to fly(eventually). Myplayercontroller is active, and it let's me override other functions like startfire. However, exec function jump() is seemingly never called. I can't post full code atm becuase I am at work, but this is the basic definition:

exec function Jump()

I am stumped as to why startfire works but not jump? My first post was in the wrong section under documentation lol, full code is there. Any ideas?

Because jump() is not actually used. The controller calls DoJump() on the pawn, when the jump button is pressed.

Red face

Hey, I didn't find any other thread about this issue so im asking here: what do I have to put into my PlayerController state to override the functionality that is bound to Jump? For now I created a custom exec function and bound Jump AND my custom function to my jump key but that's stupid.

state Bla
    exec function Jump()

You should override functionality in PlayerInput instead. That's where the current Jump() function is.