Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CTF-Maelstrom (UT99) Remake

Gussie[MK]
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Hey bro,

Here it is, he he

I'm rather busy this week but I'll try it asap m8.

Pics are great but it's expected & none the less knowing you

C'ya later bro
    What he say? Whats he going to try? Did I miss something is there a d/l already?

Bl!tz~
    Quote Originally Posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
    What he say? Whats he going to try? Did I miss something is there a d/l already?
    no ...or i missed it too
    haha ....stevie!... u forgot yer pills again

Th3 Duk3
    I remember this one!

I like the pics so far, just drooling for the download now

Sp4der
    looks good so far..
    I just wonder if it won't be too dark...
    And why does the moon have an atmosphere(=corona)?!^^

Gussie[MK]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4der View Post
    looks good so far..
    Doesn't look dark to me. In fact, the original was a very dark map so in comparison I think 1x has really done maelstrom justice. The picts look as good if not a little better then any of the retail maps I have seen.

As a side note I see in other threads you mention lighting maybe a settings problem?

stevelois
    Damn......

I had several windows opened to realize it's another map I just dwn....... & I was following that map since some time so I was very exited to try it out & I was private testing another map that as a similar name so I mixed them up so sorry for the confusion folks

1XTreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3 Duk3 View Post
    I remember this one!

I like the pics so far, just drooling for the download now
    It should happen real soon here, look for it in the full releases sometime in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4der View Post
    looks good so far..
    It's true the original was quite dark and dreary, nothing too dark about this one though the preview screens should speak volumes about that hopefully.

As far as the moon, i can see where you might think that however if you'll bare with me here is my theory, *(besides the fact that i always try to do something a little different and unique with my skies, if your around you'll see something very cool in an unannounced upcoming project)*

RE: Moons

In reality in all likeliness depending on the density of the core a Moon can have an atmosphere! in fact in our own Earthen solar system one of Jupiter's moons (Europa) has an atmosphere that shields it from Jupiter's intense levels of radiation.

If it really looked that out of place and unrealistic i'd be willing to modify it, but i don't think that's the case and no one else has said anything so i'll probably 'let it ride' (like the BTO song)

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
    I think 1x has really done maelstrom justice. The picts look as good if not a little better then any of the retail maps I have seen.
    TY for that awesome compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Damn......

I had several windows opened to realize it's another map I just dwn....... & I was following that map since some time so I was very exited to try it out & I was private testing another map that as a similar name so I mixed them up so sorry for the confusion folks
    No worries bro .. lol - you'll see the real deal soon enough. I was considering to do a (private) Beta Phase at UOF but as busy as we all are with our other major project there .. i figured it'd be best to skip that and do it this way after all.

Lord_PorkSword
    Just noticed this thread!
    Screenies look grea!
    Will DL n checkout when it's ready!

Thrallala
    If you don't mind, I would love to give the map a 15min+ test before you release the final version

Looks really great btw!

1XTreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    Just noticed this thread!
    Screenies look grea!
    Will DL n checkout when it's ready!
    TY .. sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallala View Post
    If you don't mind, I would love to give the map a 15min+ test before you release the final version

Looks really great btw!
    Of course bro, It might delay the release slightly, but i'm ok with that.

How about this?
    I'll send you a PM with info @UOF tomorrow or the next day (PM box is full here and i don't feel like cleaning ATM) & TY, yeah it's also a wicked sick pure action map, we've been playing it on our LAN get together's (a pure blast with instagib) for months with it unfinished, i figured i better wrap it up at some point. .... haha.