Bounty Arms is an old-school 3d side-scrolling action game that utilizes modern technology from the Unreal Engine 3.
Over the course of the final game you gather power-ups that hugely alter your character and weapon arsenal, travel across the galaxy to many different worlds, unlock hidden doors to secrets, join with new comrades, fight the multitude of varying enemies that each world will bring, and defeat the bosses that rule them.
Well, I've installed the files to the proper directories, and I've got the correct patch level on my machine, and the Bounty Arms Demo option shows up in the UT menu. But when I select that and proceed through to start the game, I always end up coming back into the main menu again. Any suggestions? I would really like to see how this looks live. I'm really impressed by the videos - you're demonstrating another example of how old-style side scrollers can look relevant in this age of high-end 3D graphics.
mrkcr84 I really don't know what could be the problem. All I can think is double check the directory structure. Did you extract it to .../My Games/ or did you extract to your main UT3 directory?. And about the game patch do you have the black menus?. Does UT3 game types and levels work fine?.
I've never had this kind of thing happen from my own testing or other people testing it. I really can't think of anything specific that would cause this directly related to the mod files. Unless possibly something could be corrupted if all stuff is in the right places.
I can also suggest a clean try from scratch, possibly clean install UT3 + patch + extract mod files if all else fails.
I extracted it to My Games folder as per instructions. And yes, all the UT3 game types and levels work fine too. I'll rip it all out and re-install the files. You never know, I may have goofed something up but it's not common for me because I'm pretty precise in these things. Still, user error often accounts for most problems in these cases. Thanks for the reply. I'll get back to you.
I'm repeating myself now but, I have no idea what to suggest. I don't have that much experience with UT3 mods to have any real suggestions what could go wrong. Don't know if other things can interfere since our mod is not separate in it's own dir structure, it is part of UT3 structure and I don't know if you had other custom stuff in there as well if anything could interfere possibly in one way or another.