Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request: Guns, lots of Gun (tutorials)

Eraserhead2416

Request: Guns, lots of Gun (tutorials)

Hi, I'd like to learn how to make guns from the ground up. I just started using 3ds Max, but haven't completely grasped it, let along rigging and texture work (I don't even completely know what "rigging" is...)

Every tutorial I've managed to find on the subject starts a few steps in, with the mesh set up already, or is just about importing to Unreal.

Does anyone know of a good, true beginner tutorial on the subject? Something as simple as building a pistol from scratch with blow black?

I'm just learning crates and barrels right now, but animated weapons is a bit different.

Thanks in advance for any help!

abraham2
    These are not a "true beginner" tutorials but they help you .once you learn more 3ds max you will be able to make any weapon of your choice.
    http://www.filefront.com/user/geodav

mixedmeters
    I feel this is the one thing that is lacking from the documentation.

It would be really awesome if the UDK had a WYSIWYG editor that would make it easy to add new weapons.

BorisK
    well you could get a 3D Max model from a website like TurboSquid or 3D Realms and use that to practice the riggin and importing

theres tonnes of free models on them sites

you could always go back to learning to model a weapon later. thats what i do, nick 3D models lol

geodav
    if you watch my weapon videos you'll see i use a very simple mesh, so start with a box+cylinder (like i did as a kid) don't forget to uvw map it and apply a texture

Eraserhead2416
    Awesome, I'm going to check these out. That's quite a lot of vids.
    Thanks!

joker_47
    Quote Originally Posted by geodav View Post
    if you watch my weapon videos you'll see i use a very simple mesh, so start with a box+cylinder (like i did as a kid) don't forget to uvw map it and apply a texture
    sorry don't see your video tutorials, but im read tutorial about creating weapon and have an errors on step 3 (in scripts) in your video showing this moment
    (sorry if i have grammatic errors - another language )

abraham2
    His videos are in the link that i provided above and it's better if you save them into your hard drive
    The video he is mentioning is call "02_weapon_exporting_3ds_md".avi

geodav
    please use the link on my website as the files on Filefront my be removed so i have space for my game content.

@joker_47 make sure you use the scripts from the UDK\UDK-2009-11-2\Development\Src folder as most of the scripts from the UT3 source won't compile

abraham2
    Not yet geodav please I like to have most of them .