Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help - How to put a Skydome

Hybrid View

D4rk_Angel

Question Help - How to put a Skydome

Was easy with UE3 but can't seem to find a way to put it in UDK.

micahpharoh
    It's just as simple. Find the dome simisphere, then add a material to it. You can make your own or use one of theirs. You can then add a lens flare over the sun, and add a dominant direct light, or whatever it's called. Make sure the dome accepts lights but doesn't cast shadow.

Crozz
    Quote Originally Posted by micahpharoh View Post
    Make sure the dome accepts lights but doesn't cast shadow.
    It shouldn't accept lights either, because the sky material should be unlit

But that's the thing, I can't seem to find the "add actor->add staticmesh" not I can drag it in...
    That's weird, it should be exactly as in ut3 editor. What happens when you right click in the level?

D4rk_Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crozz View Post
    It shouldn't accept lights either, because the sky material should be unlit

That's weird, it should be exactly as in ut3 editor. What happens when you right click in the level?
    Well, everything comes out, even when I have any other staticmesh selected it actually appears, but the Skydome doesn't.

Crozz
    What do you mean? Try the package UN_Sky->SM->Mesh, select one of the meshes there and right click in your level and add actor->add staticmesh . Works fine here. You can also drag it from the browser to your level

D4rk_Angel
    But that's the thing, I can't seem to find the "add actor->add staticmesh" not I can drag it in... And micahpharoh, sorry bro I didn't understand.

micahpharoh
    If your problem is just getting it in then you can just click and drag it into your map. They really simplified it in UDK.

D4rk_Angel
    But it won't let me do it..

Crozz
    Try to right click on UN_Sky and click Fully Load if you haven't done so already.

D4rk_Angel
    It didn't work... But thanks though really cool from you.