MapMixer 3.00 [RELEASE CANDIDATE 4] [Pics]

Name MapMixer 3.00
    Version Release Candidate 4
    Compatibility UT3 Patch 2.1 [PC ONLY]
    Homepage http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com
    Download http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/index....page=downloads
    Documentation http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/index....ixer&page=docs

Description
    MapMixer is a modification for the game Unreal Tournament 3 (a game by Epic Games).

It's designed to give you more control over the way you launch and manage your game session in UT3. At its core it works as a Mutator that hooks into the game, providing its unique management operations, however, it does much more. It replaces the UT3 Main Menu and provides direct links to the MapMixer Menus as well as the standard Settings Menus. MapMixer has been specifically designed from the ground up for both standalone and server environments.

The core philosophy of MapMixer is that each match you play in a game session should not be confined by one set of parameters. In other words, each match in a game session should be allowed its own individual settings, such as Game Type, Map, Rules, Mutators, Player Counts and Bots.

MapMixer provides two methods to launch a game session. The Quick Session allows you to get into the action quickly, whereas the Advanced Session gives you much greater depth in terms of customisation and randomisation. For example, in the Advanced Session, you may like to make each match a little unpredictable by randomising the setup of each match. Perhaps you’d like the Goal Score for Deathmatch to be a random value between 30 and 50, or you’d like a 5% chance that the Big Head Mutator is enabled.

In an Advanced Session, maps can have their own individual default options, either globally or for a specific Gametype. For example, you may like a particular Map to always appear with a certain Mutator or perhaps you’d like to alter the recommended Player Counts for a specific Map across different Gametypes.

MapMixer allows you to customise common settings and easily switch between configurations. With the Advanced Session Menu, you can create Lists of Settings for Rules and Mutators etc. Use the Map List Editor to create a single list of maps combined from various gametypes, individually customising them, or alternatively let MapMixer create your Session Map List by telling it what Map Sources to use and how to select from them.

MapMixer also contains its own independent Faction Management system where you can easily create and manage your own Factions, all in a graphical user interface, with the ability directly customise the look and attributes of each character, or create your own.

Each player in a MapMixer hosted session has access to an in-game Client Menu, that lets them individualise parts of their in-game experience, per user login.

Great care has been taken to support any possible gametype in a generic manner, where no dependancies are created on additonal downloadable content. To support a gametype, all you need do is modify a configuration file, and MapMixer comes pre-configured for use with a number of community gametypes.

MapMixer keeps all its settings completely separate from the game and will not overwrite or harm any original setting.

Screenshots

After approximately 18 months in development, I'm proud to say that I now feel MapMixer 3.00 for UT3 is at a point where I believe it is ready for general public use.

It's been a tough road to travel but a worthwhile one. I hope that this new version of MapMixer for UT3 brings you as much enjoyment as it did for me in its development.

MapMixer 3.00 will stay as a Release Candidate until I am satisfied that there are no major issues. I intend for this to be a short period.

Enjoy!

»TheHitMan«
    Awesome!111

Pappi_man
    YES! I'm gonna test it right now and give feedback as soon as possible.

EDIT:

Okay I have little problem.
    I go to Personal and quickly finish my character then I name my character in User Presents and save it. I went look other settings and came back to Personal and I noticed my saved User Presents are gone.

nfleming
    Sweet, downloading.

Stormrider
    Great. It's working fine here. However I must say I only use the quick match option. Now, the map previews stay as I left them. BTW, I'm modifing the frontend to fit my needs and to make it more minimalist. Do you know where can I find the background image. I'd like to disable or to edit it. I've been looking at the files with the editor but cannot find it. Thanx a lot for this program.

sinx
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    Great. It's working fine here. However I must say I only use the quick match option.
    That's cool - glad that it's useful for you. Just as long as you know what the Advanced Session is for. I use the Quick Session/Match Menu for quickly checking out a Map I've downloaded and I use the Advanced Session Menu for extended play. Although it would be entirely possible to have MapMixer automatically create a Session Map List where I play only the new (unscanned) maps, without having to think about what they were called etc.

Now, the map previews stay as I left them.
    You'll note that I've now since optimised it so it only loads the map preview images being displayed, rather than pre-loading the whole list, which significantly cuts down the initial delay when opening the menu. It makes further scrolls interrupted while the images are being loaded but I think it's the best compromise.

BTW, I'm modifing the frontend to fit my needs and to make it more minimalist. Do you know where can I find the background image. I'd like to disable or to edit it. I've been looking at the files with the editor but cannot find it. Thanx a lot for this program.
    I'm glad to hear you are customising it to your preference. I don't have any documentation on this :C In the last _Public_ Beta the Front End used a background wallpaper - now it uses the background level. You actually have two choices here.

[1] Make your own 3D background level
    The background level is the file "UTFrontEnd_MapMixer.ut3". You need to keep the Character Preview Actor plus the MapMixer Kismet Action.

[2] Completely cover the 3D background level with a wallpaper
    In the UTMapMixerFrontEndUI.ini under the first section [MapMixerFrontEndUI.MapMixerUI_Scene_FrontEnd] you'll find the following

Wallpapers=(sPath="",tOpacity=0)

Add as many as you like here and MapMixer will randomly choose one, eg.

Wallpapers=(sPath="MyPackage.MyGroup.MyTexture1",t Opacity=255)
    Wallpapers=(sPath="MyPackage.MyGroup.MyTexture2",t Opacity=255)

Make sure when you are creating your textures that you assign them to the LODGroup "TEXTUREGROUP_UI" and you also switch on "NeverStream" !

Unfortunately at the moment, because this release is aimed at showing the background level, you will see it briefly before the Main Menu Scene is opened, where your wallpaper will be chosen.

sinx
    A note for those using UTDom 3.1:

Open your UTMapMixer.ini file and find the two lines beginning with:

Code:
    Aliases=(sURLName="DOMInvMode",sValues=("","bUnlimitedTranslocator=True?bUseTranslocator=True?bUseHoverboard=False","bUnlimitedTranslocator=False?bUseTranslocator=True?bUseHoverboard=False","bUseHoverboard=True"))
    and individually replace both of them with the following line in both places:

Code:
    Aliases=(sURLName="DOMInvMode",sValues=("bUseTranslocator=False?bUseTranslocator=False?bUseHoverboard=False","bUnlimitedTranslocator=True?bUseTranslocator=True?bUseHoverboard=False","bUnlimitedTranslocator=False?bUseTranslocator=True?bUseHoverboard=False","bUseHoverboard=True"))
    This fixes the "Disabled" Inventory Mode not actually doing anything.

Also, there is a known bug with UTDom 3.1 where it won't take notice of the bVehiclesCanCapturePoints URL option.

TONY[-TOC-]

Wow. Looks very nice. Love Mapmixer, an absolute must have for instant action. Great work Sinx, the quality of your product definitely shows the time you put into it. You might want to announce your release over at BeyondUnreal as well.

G.Lecter
    First of all, big thanks for this awesome tool! I had to uninstall the previous version because my mouse lagged too much in the menus, but that seems to be fixed now!

Noticed a few thingies, although I have not been using it for too long...
    - I am running the game in Spanish and the menus look a bit weird because all text from the MapMixer's interface is in English, but the names of Gametypes and other stuff remain translated to Spanish. The 'welcome' screens were shown as a blank window (no text at all) until I copied the .int localization file and renamed it to .esn... If you aren't providing .int files for the interface's text (I only found a file with the text from the 'welcome' screens), it might be a good idea to force Localization to INT when you're using MapMixer.
    - The Configure Character screen looks too dark in my comp... Most characters are barely visible [Picture 1]... I am running the game at lowest settings, it probably has something to do with that...
    - Something similar happens in the Main Menu. I can hardly see the portraits and the level screenshot behind the text... [Picture 2]
    - The Player name may go behind the 'Login' and 'Exit' text if it is too long. I fixed it by removing the 'Logged in as' part from the .ini file, but you might want to split that text in 2 lines if possible...
    - The Main Menu says I have 3 new characters but I have not any custom skin installed at all... Might have something to do with some lines I found in the .inis about the three skins included in CBP packs...
    - If you follow the white line with your mouse [Picture 2], the letters in the word 'Exit' won't return to their original position (extremely minor bug... )
    - The default width in the PlayerCount column in the Quick Match window is too small and it can't deal with 10's properly (until you resize it...) [Picture 3]
    - I think it's better to have 'Author' instead of 'Comments' in the Quick Match window, but that might be just me...
    - Not sure if I have pointed this out in a previous version... The zooming-out countdown when a match ends is seeking too much attention IMO. The effect is cool but it makes my eyes go to the top left corner every second and that's not a nice thing! This might also be personal taste anyway...

I think that's all. Got a couple questions about modding the Main Menu:
    - How can you remove the portraits?
    - Is it possible to change the speed the submenus appear to... instant?

Good luck with the final release!

sinx
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Lecter View Post
    First of all, big thanks for this awesome tool! I had to uninstall the previous version because my mouse lagged too much in the menus, but that seems to be fixed now!
    MapMixer does nothing with the mouse. Most likely something else.

- I am running the game in Spanish and the menus look a bit weird because all text from the MapMixer's interface is in English, but the names of Gametypes and other stuff remain translated to Spanish.
    Because it isn't in Spanish.

The 'welcome' screens were shown as a blank window (no text at all) until I copied the .int localization file and renamed it to .esn... If you aren't providing .int files for the interface's text (I only found a file with the text from the 'welcome' screens), it might be a good idea to force Localization to INT when you're using MapMixer.
    Yes, this is a good point.

- The Configure Character screen looks too dark in my comp... Most characters are barely visible [Picture 1]... I am running the game at lowest settings, it probably has something to do with that...
    Sounds like you're crushing the black level. Looks like you need to raise your brightness. Do a google on "black level crush".

- Something similar happens in the Main Menu. I can hardly see the portraits and the level screenshot behind the text... [Picture 2]
    Fix your Black Level first. You can adjust the opacity of those images (or remove them) - UTMapMixerFrontEndUI.ini.

- The Player name may go behind the 'Login' and 'Exit' text if it is too long. I fixed it by removing the 'Logged in as' part from the .ini file, but you might want to split that text in 2 lines if possible...
    Yes, this is something that had occurred to me but I just left it for now. If you look in the UTMapMixerFrontEndUI.ini file, search for "[OnlineStatus MapMixerUI_PanelStorage_Label]" and in that section you'll find "NormalState=(TextStyle=(fTextScale=0.6"...Mod ify the fTextScale value.

- The Main Menu says I have 3 new characters but I have not any custom skin installed at all... Might have something to do with some lines I found in the .inis about the three skins included in CBP packs...
    Open the Faction Editor and select "[Unassigned Characters]". Your new characters will be listed there, waiting to be assigned to a Faction.

- If you follow the white line with your mouse
    [Picture 2], the letters in the word 'Exit' won't return to their original position (extremely minor bug... )
    Not exactly sure what you mean here. Might need more info.

- The default width in the PlayerCount column in the Quick Match window is too small and it can't deal with 10's properly (until you resize it...) [Picture 3]
    I'll make a note to look at that under different resolutions, but glad you realised you could adjust the column size.

- I think it's better to have 'Author' instead of 'Comments' in the Quick Match window, but that might be just me...
    Those columns have different 'modes'. Simply right-click on them to cycle the display mode. This goes for all columns in the map lists.

- Not sure if I have pointed this out in a previous version... The zooming-out countdown when a match ends is seeking too much attention IMO. The effect is cool but it makes my eyes go to the top left corner every second and that's not a nice thing! This might also be personal taste anyway...
    I remember yes, and totally understandable. I like to give people the choice but I just never got around to doing anything with it. It doesn't bother me as much as it does you but I'll look into it.

- How can you remove the portraits?
    Yes, it was one of those things that I just messed around with and ended up leaving there because anyone can remove them. I'm not that fond of them but they are there to try and indicate what you can do. In the UTMapMixerFrontEndUI.ini file locate the sections near the bottom such as "[FactionRonin MapMixerUI_PanelStorage_SlideShow]". If you remove them, or better still, comment the whole of each section then they won't appear.

- Is it possible to change the speed the submenus appear to... instant?
    In the UTMapMixerFrontEndUI.ini file, locate the section [MainMenu MapMixerUI_PanelStorage_CommandMenu] locate the line beginning with "SubListAnim=(fAnimSeconds=0.5,". Change fAnimSeconds to your desired value, or zero it to mean no animation.

Good luck with the final release!
    Thanks.

PS. Everyone make sure they read the "How to report a bug" section in the text file that is distributed with mapmixer.