Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DM-Q3DM7 Quake 3 remake [ Beta 1]

TwelVeR
    this map brings so many memories with my brothers

CreepyD
    Excellent
    Been so busy I've not done any work on it since this release.
    Having said that, it seems it doesn't need too much doing to it really!

TwelVeR
    hey can u remake Q3DM12 - Dredwerkz?
    its the second best map in quake 3

CreepyD
    I think this will be my last UT3 map once I release it, I have way too much other stuff going on, and it's not easy converting these maps as the quake 3 editor is pretty crap!

TwelVeR
    i want to convert the map but i tried the Tutorial: Chonglee export and it didnt work!

CreepyD
    Well for my 2 remakes, I didn't export anything.
    I simply had the Q3 editor open alongside UED and basically copied what I saw.
    Lots of work, but I'm happy with the result

SkaarjMaster

very good beta!

Um, so this was never finalized? Anyway, I always loved the original Q3 map and the UT version is good but the bots tend to congregate around two spots and get stuck a little in one of them. This UT3 version is extremely futuristic (totally different greenish look like a Borg ship)with some changed weapon and item spots and I like the blue lightning/plasma in place of the lava. Also noticed you changed the transporter location and added a route underneath (unless I missed that in the Q3 version). To answer your questions: 1) the pickup distribution is slightly different, but better than the UT version and i like it, 2) the player starts seem balanced to me, 3) love the extra scenery and I consider it cool UT3 upgrades and I don't think it's over the top at all, 4) the sky is awesome (black/white clouds), 5) the sound is perfect and I like the energy channels and blue glow.

EDIT: at least your bots were better than the ones in that UT version, yikes!

CreepyD
    I'm glad I subscribed to this thread or I would have missed this.
    Thanks for the great comments and I'm glad you like it.

It is true that I never finalized it though unfortunately.
    I was making it as part of a mod, which died off shortly before finishing, and UT3 itself was flagging a bit.

I did try, but just couldn't get the bots to behave themselves, and after many posts asking for help on forums, I had to give up.
    Having said that, people were generally happy with the map as it was, I think it's pretty balanced - gameplay was always the most important thing here, and I copied the general feel from the Campgrounds map I also converted over to UT3.
    For multiplayer purposes the beta could be considered finished.

I've not touched UT3 for a few years now and wouldn't really have the know how to finalize the map.

Just loaded up UT3 myself (funny it just worked without reinstalling) - I impressed myself with my own map here having not seen it for 3 years!