Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CTF-Stratus Released [PC][V1.2]

Hybrid View

bazzwano

CTF-Stratus Released [PC][V1.2]

Hello Everyone

Welcome to my thread where I have released my 3rd UT3 level called CTF-Stratus.

Download (PC) (V1.2 FINAL)
    Mirror Download
    BU FIREWORKS

The level is a combination of many things which I find fun in a CTF Level. I feel that I have met that Goal.
    See this Thread for an overview of what I set out to create and also follow the making of this map from the beginning.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=626674

I know many of you have been waiting some time for this, I was initially working casually on this one unlike my other two levels, this plus allot of layout testing I did added to the time. I hope the wait was worth it.

Thanks Everyone. Details Below:

Name:
    Stratus = The lowest clouds, generally found below 3000 metres altitude and often appearing as an overcast deck. Can also be found as scattered patches. Individual cloud elements have very ill-defined edges.

Stratus is comes from the Latin word for "layer."
    Stratus was also derived from the word stratosphere as the level takes place high above the planet (not as high as you may think though )

Description:
    Welcome to planet Stratus a once uninhabitable hot rock. This facility and many other have been reducing the hostile atmosphere of the planet, generating seas and breathable air. However not all stations are functional causing a dramatic increase in the planets temperatures. This processing station is now used in the tournament as it has not been fully operating for years, with flooding on the lower levels of this stratus facility, once you reach the top, there is only one way down.

Features/Design:
    The map was designed with the hope of creating a visually “new” theme with the existing epic made meshes from the LT and HU Package this was a very difficult combination to work with.
    The level has almost 3 vertical levels which add some unique Z axis fun in comparison to current CTF levels.
    This map has powerups that are on a timer which spawns when the team’s flag has been in the base stand 60 seconds. This adds a new dynamic to the way the map is played and opens up new ways the player would normally play the map.
    The player can now time the capture, choosing weather or not to risk taking these powerups at the cost of possibly making the flag run harder for the flag carrier.

Elevators also indicate the floor level.

Credits:
    Me for the original design, There are some new Monitor textures(alpha's) and edited Materials.
    Epic for their meshes and Materials.
    Thanks to Firefly and Sjosz for pickup placement advice, Firefly again for finding a collision bug. Stevelois for helping me stay positive and for his suggestions and lengthy feedback, and everyone else who gave me some support thought the levels development, I hope you enjoyed your beta.
    I still have to say a big thanks to DG Unreal for what you taught me while working on Dreary.

Code:
    A Level for UT3

-----------------------------------------------------
    General Info

Title: CTF-Stratus

Filename: CTF-Stratus_1_2.zip

Author: Bryan Sparksman

Email Address: sparky_1309 at Hotmail

Release Date: 11/5/2009

Version: 1.2

Credits:

Me for the original design, There are some new Monitor textures (alpha's) and edited Materials, Epic for their meshes and Materials.

Thanks to Firefly and Sjosz for pickup placement advice, Firefly again for finding a collision bug. Stevelois for helping me stay positive and for his suggestions and lengthy feedback, and everyone else who gave me some support thought the levels development, I hope you enjoyed your beta.
    I still have to say a big thanks to DG Unreal for what you taught me while working on Dreary.

Other Levels from Author:
    CTF-Safeguard3
    CTF-Dreary3

Author's Notes

I designed this level with the aim of producing a unique look consistent with the look and feel of retail UT3 levels using retail meshes. 
    I also wanted to create a CTF level with a Unique Z axis feel. I wanted to bring the level alive with allot of moving parts and sounds.

This map, as with my previous levels had each room created in a separate UT3 file and was all pieced together once final. The map has over 18300 assets.

Map Features:
    This map has powerups that are on a timer which spawns when the teams flag has been in the base for a fixed length of time, rewording the team who defends well, each base is equal. 
    This adds a new dynamic to the way the player would normally play the map. The player can now time the capture, choosing weather or not to risk taking these powerups at the cost of possibly making the flag run harder for the flag carrier.
    UTUnlimited Explains this Feature Further at this link: http://utunlimited.beyondunreal.com/?page_id=4501#awp::?page_id=4501
    Elevators in the map indicate the floor level.
    Custom Sun Flare with Refractions.

Changes In version 1.1:
    -Reduced Underwater PPU DOF
    -Increased Fog Distance

Changes In version 1.2:
    -Fixed Missaligned Light Cones
    -Fixed Team Monitor being Inverted
    -Fixed collision in several areas
    -Fixed visible Lightmap seams on some meshes
    -Reduced Lightmap resolution on some meshes
    -Adjusted BSP outside & besides the sniper room to improve lightmaps.

Installation

Unzip CTF-Stratus_1_2.zip

Move all files into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

If the directory does not exist, create it manually.

Copyright / Permissions

This level is copyright 2008, by Bryan Sparksman.

Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit permission from the original author.

ANY bug fixes, fixes, changes, and tweaks may only be implemented by the author. No other person or party is allowed to release a modified version of this map without the author's permission. Please Email me regarding any changes you require.

You MAY NOT charge any money for this map or any of its embedded content.

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic media (internet (web/ftp), FIDO, local BBS, Magazine cover disk etc.), provided you include this file.

All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

*Pictures are all taken from Beta with UT3 Post processing setting set to Intense.

Please leave a comment

Thanks Everyone

yarbone
    ooohh nice!!!!! But i still want to know if it's coming for PS3...

Because if that's not happening i can't play it

eromack
    can the ps3 handle all these effects????????????

bazzwano
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror_Force View Post
    your map looks very impressiv

Mirror + HD-Videostream
    http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...F-Stratus.html
    or
    Videostream only
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5hWjXI2IU&fmt=22
    Hey thanks allot for doing this for all my maps really handy

Quote Originally Posted by eromack View Post
    can the ps3 handle all these effects????????????
    Honestly, Ill see what I can produce for the Ps3 Community. but I cannot offer anything anytime soon I'm sorry, Ill try to when I get time. I may have to reduce details for the PS3 version

yarbone
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzwano View Post
    Honestly, No Ill see what I can produce for the Ps3 Community though. but I cannot offer anything anytime soon I'm sorry, Ill try to when I get time.

I guess that would make you fully awesome if you did

Bl!tz~
    woooooahhhh.......what a lesson of mapping!
    lighting is uncredible!
    thx for that superb map.....keep up the top work

Sbouby
    Yes awesome visuels works ^^
    ...And the gameplay is nice too. Really good map.
    Thanks for this release and good luck for msuc

HugoMarques
    You posted this today and the file was already deleted by MediaFire?

'Cause I can't download it.

bazzwano
    Thanks allot for your comments everyone Im really happy that you like it

Quote Originally Posted by yarbone View Post
    ooohh nice!!!!! But i still want to know if it's coming for PS3...

Because if that's not happening i can't play it
    I will see what I can do for you

Quote Originally Posted by HugoMarques View Post
    You posted this today and the file was already deleted by MediaFire?

'Cause I can't download it.
    I still dont have a problem? have you tried again.

Thanks again everyone, I really want you all to like it

Terror_Force
    your map looks very impressiv

Mirror + HD-Videostream
    http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...F-Stratus.html

or

Videostream only
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5hWjXI2IU&fmt=22