View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Extend the free weekend with Steam.

  1. #1
    Sincreator
    Guest

    Extend the free weekend with Steam.

    First off I would like to say exellent job Epic. This expansion+patch+steam deal has really helped revitalize the online community.

    Now I've heard from a few friends and through various posts here in the forums, that the downloads are taking a long time, or are not working due to an overload on the steam servers.

    So I'm putting up this poll, just to see if people would agree that it would be a good idea to extend the "FREE" trial. Maybe for a week, or just next weekend as well. Anyway, everyone vote and leave comments if you wish.

  2. #2
    hypno
    Guest
    Yeah I was about to make the same thread, I have a lot, lot of friends that can't download it through steam because the servers are overloaded, some are already giving up, this could be fixed if you extend for the rest of the week, that would surely boost ut3 community even more ty

  3. #3
    B0T0X
    Guest
    Yeah, I've heard a lot of people have been met with slow download speeds and nonstart errors. I know Steam updated to fix the nonstart errors, but it's probably too little too late at this point.

    All that to say... about a third of the people who might potentially get the game probably haven't been able to, and another third will probably only be able to play the "all weekend trial" for a single day before it expires.

    So, I think it would be wise to extend it for the rest of the week and through the weekend, or restart it next weekend.

  4. #4
    Henrik
    Guest
    I get behind option A, making it expire by friday would be a good move though so people will buy it in order to continue playing on the weekend.

    I think that for most people especially in the US, 3 days is nowhere near enough time to download the game even under ideal conditions and then have any sort of time to enjoy it.

  5. #5
    Sincreator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bersy View Post
    I get behind option A, making it expire by friday would be a good move though so people will buy it in order to continue playing on the weekend.

    I think that for most people especially in the US, 3 days is nowhere near enough time to download the game even under ideal conditions and then have any sort of time to enjoy it.
    Actually I think you would need atleast a week to just get used to the weapon spawns. Then people start to enjoy it more.

    UT3 is not a game that you can play for 2/3 days and enjoy it. The enjoyment comes when you start to fully grasp all the elements/aspects the game has to offer.

  6. #6
    Apathy
    Guest
    LMAO! I was just thinking about this. I know there are going to be a lot of people that went through hell to download it and wont be able to play it because it took so long. I can't even update my own copy on steam because it's getting hammered so badly.
    Would be really cool if they could extend it a bit longer so more people got the chance to play.

  7. #7
    Sanch3z
    Guest
    just make UT3 completely free..... Its already on the Walmart bargain bin shelves and not selling.

  8. #8
    xPloSiV
    Guest

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Sincreator View Post
    Actually I think you would need atleast a week to just get used to the weapon spawns. Then people start to enjoy it more.

    UT3 is not a game that you can play for 2/3 days and enjoy it. The enjoyment comes when you start to fully grasp all the elements/aspects the game has to offer.
    yea thats right

    i also agree to extending the ut3 steam weekend, ive convinced my friend to buy it

  9. #9
    Seiniyta
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch3z View Post
    just make UT3 completely free..... Its already on the Walmart bargain bin shelves and not selling.
    At first that seems a logical thing. However, it would be only profitable if ads would appear in the game. Why? Simply, if then UT4 is being released nobody buys it because UT3 is free and is already good wiht all the mods etc.

  10. #10
    Sanch3z
    Guest
    I dont care if they make a profit off it. The only thing us players need to care about is the number of people playing free game = more people playing, just look at the 2k4 demo...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •