Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DM-TowersArena 2k9 - FINAL released 01/19/2009

Star Weaver
    Hey, I downloaded this a while ago and finally got around to trying it out last night. That's some nice Kismet-Fu, and I like the chance(?) of not falling to your death a lot. It has Every Powerup Known To Man(tm), and I'm not sure if that's good, it seems to fit the theme. I'd be scared to see someone play Titan on there.

I could see it being a lot more fun with humans, too. I played against bots on Diff 6, I think, which gives them enough inane-type skill that they're shock-rifling you out of their backside from three levels below as you're flying from a jump pad because they had LOS on you for .02 seconds. (Plus I rolled Akasha, heh.) That made it kinda less fun ^_^.

SEBASTIEN-NOVA
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Weaver View Post
    Hey, I downloaded this a while ago and finally got around to trying it out last night. That's some nice Kismet-Fu...
    Thx for your comments

zunnie
    http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1502

Added to database. Objections if this map finds its way into a mappack?

SEBASTIEN-NOVA
    Quote Originally Posted by zunnie View Post
    Objections if this map finds its way into a mappack?
    No prob until you keep the zip archive with readme file, it's ok for me.
    Thx to you and Skillz for the mirrors

zunnie
    You need to edit your post and include the link

SEBASTIEN-NOVA
    added news mirrors on the first post

SkaarjMaster

fun map!

I like the low gravity, jumping like a jackrabbit as well as the abundant pickups, neon lights, spotlights and lighting/shadows; a lot of stuff going on here with the excellent music choice, ambient sounds, berzerk, udamage announcement and hat trick; the player recommendation is a bit high and I would think an ideal player load would better fall from 8-16 players; bots are a little easy in here and best played as TDM. Not sure how I missed this one.

EDIT: I figured I better post this in the Full Release section also since I found the old thread (plenty of DL links on the first page).

SEBASTIEN-NOVA
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    I like the low gravity, jumping like a jackrabbit as well as the abundant pickups, neon lights, spotlights and lighting/shadows; a lot of stuff going on here with the excellent music choice, ambient sounds, berzerk, udamage announcement and hat trick; the player recommendation is a bit high and I would think an ideal player load would better fall from 8-16 players; bots are a little easy in here and best played as TDM. Not sure how I missed this one.
    Yeah I must admit, the bots count was a bit exaggerate lol

THX for the review SkaarjMaster (I'm a bit late sorry)

Private Tux

Smile I've seen better.

Brilliant atmosphere and visuals, burst with various color lights on the edge, spotlight, smokes, jumppads, relevant pickups, weapon/ammo/health placement, low gravity, crazy z-axis, and skybox. Funny how he made a starting and extra life announcements that's a fun part anyhow, and also a great use of kimset, fun sound effects and music choice as well. Great gameplay in adrenaline rush and the bots are seriously fun!

Download Link #4: BeyondUnreal is dead at the first post.
    Link of ut3.game-maps.net moved to the new link: http://www.game-maps.org/index.php?/...ebastien-nova/
    Additional mirror by UTzone.de: http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=3005