Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: DM-TowersArena 2k9 - FINAL released 01/19/2009

  1. #21
    Star Weaver
    Guest
    Hey, I downloaded this a while ago and finally got around to trying it out last night. That's some nice Kismet-Fu, and I like the chance(?) of not falling to your death a lot. It has Every Powerup Known To Man(tm), and I'm not sure if that's good, it seems to fit the theme. I'd be scared to see someone play Titan on there.

    I could see it being a lot more fun with humans, too. I played against bots on Diff 6, I think, which gives them enough inane-type skill that they're shock-rifling you out of their backside from three levels below as you're flying from a jump pad because they had LOS on you for .02 seconds. (Plus I rolled Akasha, heh.) That made it kinda less fun ^_^.

  2. #22
    SEBASTIEN-NOVA
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Weaver View Post
    Hey, I downloaded this a while ago and finally got around to trying it out last night. That's some nice Kismet-Fu...
    Thx for your comments

  3. #23

  4. #24
    zunnie
    Guest
    http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1502

    Added to database. Objections if this map finds its way into a mappack?

  5. #25
    SEBASTIEN-NOVA
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zunnie View Post
    Objections if this map finds its way into a mappack?
    No prob until you keep the zip archive with readme file, it's ok for me.
    Thx to you and Skillz for the mirrors

  6. #26
    zunnie
    Guest
    You need to edit your post and include the link

  7. #27
    SEBASTIEN-NOVA
    Guest
    added news mirrors on the first post

  8. #28
    SkaarjMaster
    Guest

    fun map!

    I like the low gravity, jumping like a jackrabbit as well as the abundant pickups, neon lights, spotlights and lighting/shadows; a lot of stuff going on here with the excellent music choice, ambient sounds, berzerk, udamage announcement and hat trick; the player recommendation is a bit high and I would think an ideal player load would better fall from 8-16 players; bots are a little easy in here and best played as TDM. Not sure how I missed this one.

    EDIT: I figured I better post this in the Full Release section also since I found the old thread (plenty of DL links on the first page).

  9. #29
    SEBASTIEN-NOVA
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    I like the low gravity, jumping like a jackrabbit as well as the abundant pickups, neon lights, spotlights and lighting/shadows; a lot of stuff going on here with the excellent music choice, ambient sounds, berzerk, udamage announcement and hat trick; the player recommendation is a bit high and I would think an ideal player load would better fall from 8-16 players; bots are a little easy in here and best played as TDM. Not sure how I missed this one.
    Yeah I must admit, the bots count was a bit exaggerate lol

    THX for the review SkaarjMaster (I'm a bit late sorry)

  10. #30
    Private Tux
    Guest

    Smile I've seen better.

    Brilliant atmosphere and visuals, burst with various color lights on the edge, spotlight, smokes, jumppads, relevant pickups, weapon/ammo/health placement, low gravity, crazy z-axis, and skybox. Funny how he made a starting and extra life announcements that's a fun part anyhow, and also a great use of kimset, fun sound effects and music choice as well. Great gameplay in adrenaline rush and the bots are seriously fun!

    Download Link #4: BeyondUnreal is dead at the first post.
    Link of ut3.game-maps.net moved to the new link: http://www.game-maps.org/index.php?/...ebastien-nova/
    Additional mirror by UTzone.de: http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=3005

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •