Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: UT3 Style Mutators for UT2004 [b4 - Pickup & vehicle models!]

GreatEmerald
    No it's not... What do you mean?
    By the way, it's very fun observing the weapons in Assault. The Link Gun makes a helluva defence weapon - the alt fire has quite a nice knockback effect on the target, and that makes it hard to get to the hold objectives. But on the other side is the Stinger Minigun which makes a helluva attack weapon - the alt fire is absolutely perfect for taking out damageable objectives.

Also, the knockback effect in UT2004 is a lot bigger than in UT3, where I hardly ever notice any at all. And I'm not sure which is better, and which is a bug.

Tawn
    Quote Originally Posted by W3RM View Post
    Shock Rifle

Right Mouse
    Left Mouse

Nothing happens.
    Ditto. Nothing.

9ades
    I noticed pawns were "heavier" in UT3, that's why UT3 knockback values will affect UT2k4 pawns more.

Agreed on Stinger Alt, I looked at the code for that a while ago. Very high speed, lifetime of 10 seconds, double the range of the sniper rifle, and no reduced damage on vehicles, it's a beast.

I look forward to giving this mutator a spin.

DougC-Icarus
    Recently downloaded and played it, too.
    All I can say is nice job!

I did not expect the kickback from the link gun (either it felt different in the UT3 or is it just me.) I was hoping if the grenade launch function worked on the Rocket Launcher, but I guess it is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by W3RM View Post
    Shock Rifle

Right Mouse
    Left Mouse

Nothing happens.
    I also used the UT3 shock rifle and the shock combo does not work.

Meanwhile, as a response to the clouded sniper rifle. Since I think the UT3 sniper rifle is a subclass of the ClassicSniperRifle (from UT2004's UTClassic.u). I found this in the ClassicSniperAttachment, which also affected the UT3 Sniper Rifle's attachment.
    Code:
    simulated event ThirdPersonEffects()
    {
    	local vector SmokeLoc, SmokeOffset;
    	local coords	C;

if ( (FlashCount != 0) && (Level.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer) )
    	{
            if (FiringMode == 0)
     			WeaponLight();

if ( Instigator.IsFirstPerson() )
     		{
    	 		SmokeLoc = Instigator.Location + Instigator.Eyeheight * vect(0,0,1) + Instigator.CollisionRadius * vector(Instigator.Controller.Rotation);
    			SmokeLoc.Z += SmokeOffsetZ;
    			Spawn(class'ClassicSniperSmoke',,,SmokeLoc);
    		}
    		else if ( Level.TimeSeconds - Instigator.LastRenderTime < 0.2 )
    		{
    			if (mMuzFlash3rd == None)
    				mMuzFlash3rd = Spawn(class'XEffects.AssaultMuzFlash3rd');

C = Instigator.GetBoneCoords('righthand');
    			SmokeOffset =  -1 * C.ZAxis * (Instigator.CollisionRadius + 35);
    			mMuzFlash3rd.SetLocation( C.Origin + SmokeOffset + C.ZAxis * 23 + C.YAxis*4.5);
    			mMuzFlash3rd.SetDrawScale(1.0);
    			mMuzFlash3rd.SetRotation(rotator(-1 * C.ZAxis));
    			mMuzFlash3rd.mStartParticles++;
    	 		SmokeLoc = C.Origin + SmokeOffset;
    			Spawn(class'ClassicSniperSmoke',,,SmokeLoc);
    		}
         }

Super.ThirdPersonEffects();
    }
    The ClassicSniperSmoke might the smoke that is obscuring the sniper rifle when in zoom.

EDIT: What was bolded in red is what causes the smoke in screen. The other smoke is produced in third person.

GreatEmerald
    Oh, you're right about the Shock Rifle. It worked earlier, hmm...

9ades, there is damage reduction for vehicles. 0.6:
    http://www.codekisk.com/unreal/ut3/s...ngershard.html

Thanks DougC-Icarus, I never thought something could be in Attachment.

EDIT: Oh bummer, I forgot to tell the Shock Ball to explode when hit from UT3ShockRifle instead of ShockRifle...
    EDIT2: No, it was actually the damage type issue all along. Bah, I don't like how Epic used hacks in their code :\ ) Uploading a new version now.

GreatEmerald
    Updated to Beta 1.1:
    http://files.filefront.com/UT3+Style.../fileinfo.html

---------
    CHANGELOG
    ---------

* b1.1 Fixed the Shock Rifle bug that prevented it from doing combos.
    * b1.1 The Sniper Rifle no longer creates a smoke screen.

EDIT: And here's another screenshot that shows you how rapid the Link Gun now fires:

Dark Kontroll

stinger minigun

mmm.... i test the mutator and is good, but need some fixes. for example, the stinger minigun is mi favorite weapon but for some weird reason, the bots never employ the minigun...
    in other things, personaly, i hate the especial efect from the link gun, is very anoying when a bot push me to the abyss...
    another thing: the armor never apears in my hud...

GreatEmerald
    Yeap, I don't know how to code AI yet...
    And yes, armor doesn't appear in the HUD, but it's there. Forgot to mention in the bugs.

Murphy
    Good project. I'm looking forward to future versions.

I don't have numbers to prove it but the flak's primary seems to travel too fast. Maybe that's the exit speed in UT3 but the chunks feel a lot slower in UT3. Maybe they are slowed down over time and you forgot that in the UT2004 version?!

I didn't get to hit someone with the charged biorifle yet but does it have such a huge hitbox as in UT3 too and does it leave the opponent a second to be disintegrated?

GreatEmerald
    http://www.codekisk.com/unreal/ut3/s...flakshard.html
    It's the same speed here and there. And wearing out is in UT2004 too, though not sure about slowness.

I didn't change any collisions as there is no collision info in the UT3 source (at least usually). And no, the opponent doesn't "wear green" yet.