Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DM-Plaza - Massive scale, Action Packed [PICS][PC][UPDATED][AWESOME][MSUC-P2]

Distant Land

DM-Plaza - Massive scale, Action Packed [PICS][PC][UPDATED][AWESOME][MSUC-P2]

Name:
    DM-Plaza

Version:
    1.1 (If the preview screenshot isn't high res, you have the wrong version)

Compatibility:
    UT3 Version 1.3
    PS3 version - ?

Update - Lighting on players and weapons is totally buggered since the Titan patch...bummer

Description:
    "A stunning deathmatch arena with unique features, brilliant flow and design, high caliber graphics, and plenty of health, and power-ups. Made for large scale Team Deathmatch battles, ideal for 32 player competition."

Comments:
    Deployable items, no global post-processing effects, no claustrophobic-hallway architecture, smooth flow in layout, and other features to make for better gameplay

See the included readme for thoughts...enjoy

Screenshot:

Credits:
    All Me
    Thanks to many others who made it possible for me to get this done though, and to all those who take the time to play it
    Thanks to Epic for UT3 and its editor

Download:
    Download here - PC
    http://www.fileplanet.com/files/190000/193339.shtml
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=45XJTXUS

PS3:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+PlazaP.../fileinfo.html

Bl!tz~
    look really nice D/L

Distant Land
    Obliged...lemme know what you think

KAZUYA217
    Man I was the 2nd one who downloaded your map and as soon as I got it I've been playing on it.

You aren't kidding when you said MASSIVE Escale... I only get 14 frags in a 10 min game with 24 bots and I win the game!!!

This is one of the bigest maps I've ever seen!!!

There are too much health capsules around but it's ok.

I never found the Redeemer... (your map is big!!!) but I was able to find almost all the other weapons.

The ammunitions are almost all in one place... sure you put some here, more there, but if you need something just go to "the mall" and find whatever you need.

I like your map, great job!!!

Distant Land
    Thanks a lot, glad you dig it...I put a lot of work into it

It's pretty big but once you learn the sections it's easy to understand where you might want to go and how you want to approach a battle. There's ammo everywhere, typically one set of it per section, and I think there's at least 2 or 3 of every weapon (including 2 redeemers) scattered through each major area, you'll always stumble across something pretty quick, and once you learn the layout you can decide what loadout you wanna make your way towards. My favorite is dual pistols + the berserk in the tree, or flak cannon from the top of the office and charging into battle with invulnerability and spidermines.

As for health, even with it everywhere the game is still so fatalistic...with max health and armor your still only able to survive so much, so I wanted people to be able to keep up the pace of the battle if they keep moving and picking things up....I think it has a pretty good amount, but sometimes healthy bots put up a hell of a fight.

With lower players the battles can be a bit thin though...deathmatch with 32 players is crazy and hectic...Team Deathmatch at 32 is better for a little more serious play. You'll always stumble across battle pretty quickly, and have people to back you up, rather than have all the focus on you...

Thanks again, good to hear feedback...it's gotten like 40 downloads so far but you're the first to respond, awesome

Distant Land
    it's been downloaded a bunch but I haven't really heard from anyone yet...feedback is greatly appreciated if anyone spends some time with it

KAZUYA217
    Quote Originally Posted by Distant Land View Post
    it's been downloaded a bunch but I haven't really heard from anyone yet...feedback is greatly appreciated if anyone spends some time with it
    What!? No feedback from the others!?

C'mon guys, this guy works pretty damn hard trying to bring us a top notch quality map and I'm sure he made it!!!

Lets leave him any feedback, it will only takes a few minutes.

I'm still playing on it, as I said before is pretty big so I need to know pretty well the entire map... no matter what it takes.

Lord_PorkSword
    Don't forget that CBP2 and MSUC-stage2 finished recently so you'll probably find that a lot of people are playing a lotta good quality maps atm. I'm sure you'll get the feedback you need, but you'll need to give peeps time to digest all these recent maps.
    Once I've tried it I'll post some comments for ya.

Distant Land
    Yea, no doubt...there's some good entries this phase...still waiting for mine to be posted

Lord_PorkSword

Interesting map. Tried on TDM with 29 bots.
    At first I thought "It's not that big" then I spawned in the Asian theme area, for the first time, and thought "where tha hell am I" LOL. After running around thereafter...I realized just how big it was. :P

Interesting concept and use of themes and colours with lots of action, especially around the centre of the map. Was good to still see action in the areas away from the centre and the fact that if you spawn in the outer areas you eventually will gravitate towards the center into the heart of the action.

My suggestions for future updates; (I'm no expert though so take it with a grain of salt )

Maybe desaturate some of the coloured lighting. To me bold colour lighting schemes work well in small, tighter levels but don't look as good in larger levels. I noticed you have light sources(meshes) as a source for the lighting but the boldness of the colour didn't seem to suit the mesh/source. The lanterns is a good example of this. The bold colour in my eyes didn't suit the lanterns. If you wanted to keep the bold colours use meshes where there's a larger 'mesh light source'.(eg like a fluro tube rather than a lantern)

Make additional paths out of the water section near the water spout. Unless I missed'em (which I probably did due to bots hunting me down) there only seemed to be one way out of the water which could take a while to get to hence making me avoid the water. You could otherwise lower the paths (or raise the water) above the water to allow players to get out pretty much anywhere. This would make it more attractive for players to take a dip rather than avoiding it. The spout was a good idea. I found myself using it a few times to get to the upper level.

Hopefully my comments may help you out!

Apart from that it's a fun map with lots of action that I'm sure peeps will enjoy. Also being a large map it ran suprisingly well with 29 bots!!
    Looking forward to see what you come up with next.