Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears Of War Character Pack

JumaAm

Gears Of War Character Pack

************************************************** ********************************
    Name:
    Gears Of War Character Pack

************************************************** ********************************
    Versions:
    1.6 (05.11.08) [5th November 2008]

Compatibility:
    UT3 2.0 Patch [Latest]

Description:
    1. Contains Custom Sounds/Taunts
    2. Contains Custom Gibs & Gore
    3. Contains Two Factions (COG) & (Locust)
    4. Contains Character Descriptions
    5. Contains Character Order
    6. Contains Character Pics
    7. Contains COG Characters
    8. Contains Locust Characters
    9. Contains Character AI (Bots)
    10. Contains Character Names
    11. Contains Two Faction Pics
    12. Contains Custom Burn Skeleton
    11. Contains Custom Sound FX

Credits:
    djposse-e
    EvilEngine
    MisterTrioxin
    sinx
    UX_Loki

Downloads:
    DOWNLOAD THE LATEST PACK.

GOW Character Pack For UT3 (Version 1.6) [154.57 MB]

Extra Info:
    REMEMBER TO DELETE ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS\CHARACTERS FROM 'CUSTOMCHARS' FOLDER INCLUDING ANY GEARS OF WAR CHARACTERS IN YOUR 'UTCUSTOMCHAR.INI'

I HAVE USED THE PACKAGE ON A CLEAN INSTALL OF UT3 USING PATCH 1.3 AND IT HAS WORKED.
    I HAVE ALSO TRIED IT ON MY MODIFIED UT3, PATCHED WITH 1.3 (OFFICIAL) AND IT HAS WORKED.
    YOU SHOULDN'T ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEMS IF YOU DELETE ANY GOW CHARACTERS.
    JUST DELETE ANY GOW CHARACTER RELATED CONTENT/FILES IN UT3.

THIS IS NOT MY WORK. I DIDN'T CREATE THESE MODELS. I JUST COMPILED
    THE CHARACTERS INTO A PACKAGE FOR AN EASIER DOWNLOAD.
    Pics/Screenshots:
    SCREENSHOTS AS REQUESTED (THESE ARE ONLY SOME OF THE CHARACTERS):
    SOME OF MY PERSONAL BEST

GOW CHARACTER PACK SCREENSHOTS:

Yongmonrathen
    thank you, thank you

EpicJon
    did you get permission for this?

chilau1
    nice i do enjoy custom charecters

EvilEngine
    No he didn't but I kinda have given up on that. Just know everyone who downloads this I will NOT support this package, so don't ask me for help, bug fixes or anything of the sort.
    You can only find that on my website.
    Anyways I hope you guys have fun with these, and I hope they work :P

RUKKUS
    yea thats ok. its not like EE said over and over he doesnt want his models passed around.

invanorm
    Well regardless of whether JumaAm got permission or not, this is a very helpful collection of models and makes it really easy because all the work is done for me.

U-R-K
    Maybe you should set it up to use that drop-in system. The readme file said it was safe to overwrite, so I didn't look at the files. Then it overwrote my main customchar file, now I have to go back and redo all the changes I made again.

Larkin_BUF
    ^You were supposed to delete that stuff before you installed this, as he says here

REMEMBER TO DELETE ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS\CHARACTERS
    INCLUDING ANY GEARS OF WAR CHARACTERS IN YOUR 'UTCUSTOMCHAR.INI'
    Also, you probably can fix your problem by just deleting the old .ini entries.

@EvilEngine: Is there any plans to give your locusts a faction like this or give them team colors?

@JumaAm: What is the point of this if both the COG team and the Locust team have the same faction picture?

U-R-K
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkin_BUF View Post
    ^You were supposed to delete that stuff before you installed this, as he says here
    No, you don't understand, he's talking about deleting previous GOW entries from the customchar file. I made changes to my file where I mixed parts with other factions, made new characters out of parts, etc. Now all of that has been overwritten, and I have to do it again.