Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Remake Maplist.

CPTStewart
    I'm looking into doing a Quake 3 remake, just not sure which one it'll be yet. I'll be sure to post back here once I decide.

blackSunday
    I might have a go at one myself, mapped previously for the Quake engines and the original UT. Can always have a look anyway I guess, a remake would be a good learning point.

Have 2 copies of the game and still don't have the training vids

Time to research methinks...

Crayfish

Quote Originally Posted by CPTStewart View Post
    I'm looking into doing a Quake 3 remake, just not sure which one it'll be yet. I'll be sure to post back here once I decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackSunday View Post
    I might have a go at one myself, mapped previously for the Quake engines and the original UT. Can always have a look anyway I guess, a remake would be a good learning point.
    Wow thats already 3 potential offers now! Thanks alot guys. If your unsure of what map to choose, don't forget to cast your 5 votes while your here, that way someone else might remake your secondary choices

Also, due to the map getting dug up by the list, keyser325 is resurecting his fantastic q3tourney3 remake:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=614670

Now if we could just get cod-x's DM-ProTourney4 beta released.. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=612506

Crayfish.

blackSunday
    I've narrowed mine down to two maps, either DM4 or spinev2 (If it still plays as well as I remember) for the first attempt .

I know DM4 has been done but I have a totally different vision for it so I think it'd still be worthwhile.

Crayfish

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by blackSunday View Post
    I've narrowed mine down to two maps, either DM4 or spinev2 (If it still plays as well as I remember) for the first attempt .
    I know DM4 has been done but I have a totally different vision for it so I think it'd still be worthwhile.
    If I may be so bold, I'd really like to see you go for Spinev. I hope one of the main things the list shows is just how many great tried and tested map layouts are out there to remake, there really is no need for map makers all to crowd round a handful of maps. We have what, 6(count em) versions of Yard, 4 versions of Campgrounds and we already have two versions of Q1DM4 one of which really is a special piece of work and already criminaly ignored by the community.. Whatsmore, you already voted for Spinev
    Its up to you, and great to have any Quake remake, but thats my thinking.

Crayfish.

CPTStewart
    Alright I think I'm gonna tackle Q3CTF2 - Troubled Waters. It may be a few weeks before an update on the progress since I'm still working on my remake of the original UT's DM-Oblivion, but I'll definitely be back with some progress sometime soon.

Crayfish
    Wow thats great news. CTF doesn't get a fraction of the attention that DM does from mappers, so a AAA map like Troubled Waters will be a great addition for the community. Thats great CPTStewart, nice one.

I didnt think I have to add an extra symbol this soon, but now
    IN DEVELOPMENT = In Development

Btw, with the 'in development' status symbol, I've linked to the map makers profile page on the forum, so that people can see who is making the map, if they want to contact them to offer help, have questions or just want to check out thier other work by searching for thier other threads. If you or anyone else has a problem with this, let me know and I'll unlink right away.

Crayfish.

CPTStewart
    I've got no problem with that, hopefully more people will notice the map that way.

Crayfish
    That was my thinking too

btw can anyone point me to a good Q2 maplist, its the last major section I need to fill in?

blackSunday
    q2dm1 - The Edge
    q2dm2 - Tokay's Towers
    q2dm3 - The Frag Pipe
    q2dm4 - Lost Hallways
    q2dm5 - The Pits
    q2dm6 - Lava Tomb
    q2dm7 - The Slimy Place
    q2dm8 - Warehouse

q2ctf1 - McKinley Revival
    q2ctf2 - Stronghold Opposition
    q2ctf3 - The Smelter
    q2ctf4 - Outlands
    q2ctf5 - Capture Showdown

base64 - Tim Willits
    city64 - Paul Jaquays
    sewer64 - Christian Antkow

Courtesy of PQ's Q2 FAQ. None of those were in the initial release though, they all got patched in latter apart from the 64 player maps which were separate.