Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: UnrealScript Studio: IDE for UnrealScript 3

280Z28
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastRules222 View Post
    I'm having real trouble with intellisense. Been all over your forums, but it just refuses to work.

I was working with notepad ++ before, and defaulted .uc to be opened by that, if that helps?
    Does syntax highlighting for .uc files work in Visual Studio?

If syntax highlighting works, does the word "config" highlight as a keyword (by default blue). If not, check Tools > Options > Text Editor > File Extension, and make sure you do not have .uc files set to open in the Microsoft Visual C++ editor.

Do you have the Reference Source path configured, where the reference sources show in the Solution Explorer?

Do errors show in the Errors window when you have UnrealScript files open? Certain errors cause IntelliSense to fail, in which case you should send me one of the failing files so I can fix it.

Let me know!

Thanks,
    Sam

BeastRules222
    Thanks for quick reply,

Yes, the highlighting works, and i also have the reference source (scriptsource 1.4)

I don't think it's giving me any errors, when i load VS the only thing that seems to be remotely related to intellisense is the ANTLR intellisense engine, which says parsing 2000 files etc.

Possibly a symptom; while most classes will show as a greeny blue when I type them in, the PlayerController class doesn't.

EDIT:

Just to note: I have VS 2008 shell.

280Z28
    Thanks for quick reply,

Yes, the highlighting works, and i also have the reference source (scriptsource 1.4)

I don't think it's giving me any errors, when i load VS the only thing that seems to be remotely related to intellisense is the ANTLR intellisense engine, which says parsing 2000 files etc.

Possibly a symptom; while most classes will show as a greeny blue when I type them in, the PlayerController class doesn't.

EDIT:

Just to note: I have VS 2008 shell.
    The parse error is occurring in the PlayerController class, resulting in it not being adding to the IntelliSense database. I believe a new function modifier keyword was added that nFringe doesn't recognize. You can add it in the Function Modifiers category in Tools > Options > nFringe Options > Keywords.

BeastRules222
    Quote Originally Posted by 280Z28 View Post
    The parse error is occurring in the PlayerController class, resulting in it not being adding to the IntelliSense database. I believe a new function modifier keyword was added that nFringe doesn't recognize. You can add it in the Function Modifiers category in Tools > Options > nFringe Options > Keywords.
    Umm... I don't have a clue what keyword that would be...

And where can I see this parse error?

EDIT: I found how to get parse errors up:

I get this:

Code:
    C:\Users\Dave\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Src\Engine\Classes\PlayerController.uc(0,0): UnrealScript: Errors occurred during a pre-parse operation.

280Z28
    Umm... I don't have a clue what keyword that would be...

And where can I see this parse error?

EDIT: I found how to get parse errors up:

I get this:

Code:
    C:\Users\Dave\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Src\Engine\Classes\PlayerController.uc(0,0): UnrealScript: Errors occurred during a pre-parse operation.
    Double click it, and it'll open PlayerController.uc. Once that file is open, you'll get the detailed errors listed in the Errors window.

BeastRules222
    Quote Originally Posted by 280Z28 View Post
    Double click it, and it'll open PlayerController.uc. Once that file is open, you'll get the detailed errors listed in the Errors window.
    Thanks for your patience...

I don't see any errors when I open it up though. I assumed u meant the error list window?

EDIT:

I'VE FIXED INTELLISENSE! TO all: make sure .NetFramework SDK 2.0 is installed (might be worth adding this to wiki).

R2D5
    Hello
    I get an error if i try to build anything. I have made the very good tutorials at http://www.jadeskaggs.com/category/tutorials/ but if i click on start debuging i get a error saying error at building do you want to continue with the last working build.
    i even get thes error if i try to run a unedited default unreal script game mod template.
    Please help somebody

kOs
    nvm.. thanks for the help.