Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UT3 use Dual or Quad core?

treehuger74

Question UT3 use Dual or Quad core?

I'm trying to decide which CPU to buy and need to know if UT3 makes use of Dual Core and/or Quad Core CPUs.

Currently considering getting an Intel Core2 Quad Q6600.

If anyone has advice or recomendations they would be appreciated also.

thanks

unrealloco
    i have Quad Core and it plays smooth

Unit8472
    A higher clock dual core would be better than a lower quad core. An 8400 would be ideal for games atm, unfortunately not all games don't use all the raw power of a quad core.
    An 8400 is a great investment, if your thinking of overclock too and if you want to be a man go straight for the Q9450.

kinglouie
    I have a slow 2.4 duo 2 intel cpu 4 megs cashe, with the Geforce 8800 GTX 768 meg DDR 3.

I just did a test with CTF Facing worlds (map pack 1) 31 bots with zero lag, so i would guess that it's the video card
    that you need to boost the game. I'm sure UT3 wouldn't use the FULL power of the quad.

-me

kinglouie

Upgrade to 768 or 1.0 gig on video card DDR3 for max performance

I have a slow 2.4 duo 2 intel cpu 4 megs cashe, with the Geforce 8800 GTX 768 meg DDR 3.

I just did a test with CTF Facing worlds (map pack 1) 31 bots with zero lag, so i would guess that it's the video card
    that you need to boost the game. I'm sure UT3 wouldn't use the FULL power of the quad.

-me

XxDeadlyxX
    For me with my Q6600, UT3 uses 70% of each core, so I'd say its about the best quad-core game out there, along with Lost Planet.

RUKKUS
    im pretty sure that UT3 uses all cores because i saw benchs and E8400 got lower FPS than Q9450 on the same setup with stock clock. honestly though, being an owner of an E8400, its the best processor ive ever had.

sneh
    UT3 uses all four cores. More = better

Most new games coming out from now will use them too, so..

oldkawman1

Benchmarks show UT3 only use 2 cores

It only use 2 cores 100%, the others do not matter.

Here is a benchmark, it only shows Intel duals and quads.

http://techgage.com/article/intel_co...t_superstar/10

The E8400 is king in UT3, so the E8500 would be even faster. The E7200 at $130 is a very interesting chip indeed.

UTPlayer529th
    I have an 8400 at stock 3Ghz speed and an X1900XTX on one machine.

I also have another machine with a Q9300 @ 3Ghz with a 3870. I have a copy of UT3 for each machine and the 9300 plays alot better. XP 32bit SP3