Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How to play UT3 PC in SPLITSCREEN

HideInLight

Wink How to play UT3 PC in SPLITSCREEN

Moddb guide: Jordan Maxwell
    Includes instuctions on how to control second player with one gamepad and how to emulate a XBOX360 controller.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-tou...en-pc#comments

If you have XBox360 controllers rather follow lordshoot2kill's guide
    lordshoot2kill's Unreal Tournament 3 Split Screen Guide
    http://pcsplitscreen.freehostia.com/Unreal.htm

Firstly you can activate Splitscreen in two ways. One is by editing the UTGame.ini

UTGame.ini
    Code:
    [UTGame.UTUIDataStore_StringList]
    StringData=(Tag="ScreenResolution",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="PS3ButtonPresets",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="Splitscreen",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="CharacterParts",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    Change the value to 1
    NOTE:
    If you want to play the game normally again you'll have to change that value back to 0.

Play Offline, Host Game, You'll see the game is in splitscreen and it'll start.
    If you choose instant action the game won't start until both players press fire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other way is by using the folowing command in console
    Start a game in Instant Action or host a lan match. Press TAB ingame
    Enter the folowing

DebugCreatePlayer 1
    The second player will be added in midgame.

NOTE:
    With this is possible to add up to four players, but be careful.
    By default you are Player0
    So if you want to add more players without messing up the controls or crashing the game do this.

DebugCreatePlayer 1
    DebugCreatePlayer 2
    DebugCreatePlayer 3

If you want to remove a player do this:

DebugRemovePlayer 1
    DebugRemovePlayer 2
    DebugRemovePlayer 3

depending on which player you want to remove(never remove or add player0)

NOTE :
    Only player0 can click use the game menu.

Other useful commands :

SSSwapcontrollers
    Useful for testing out the other players in splitscreen if you don't have gamepads.

NOTE :
    You'll have to go back to player0 if you want to use the menu.

SetConsoleTarget (0,1,2,3)
    Allows you to put godmode on for player3 for example. Or if you press jump player3 will jump
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How To Control Both players at the same time?

So far the only way it's currently possible is to have two supported gamepads.

If you have one game controller it'll control the first player. In other words the first player will be controlled by the gamepad and K/M.

List of currently known supported controllers:

According to ".newzero" two wireless XBOX360 with a wireless receiver works.

According to "Junk_man32" ps2controllers with usb converters also work.

List of currently unsupported controllers

According to "HideInLight" XFXForce controller

Issues

Still have the problem of how to control one player with K/M and other with gamepad.

How to set keybindings for the second player is still not fully known yet

The Left analog's stick Y-Axis is inverted. In other words Down = Forward and Up=BackWards
    A temporary fix for the above mentioned problem is the folowing: (Credit to AcidVenom)
    Open up your UTInput.ini and look for this command line under the [Engine.PlayerInput].
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad",Command=" Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3")
    Now just change the Speed to a negative number (add -) like this: Speed=-1.0. Save your changes and now the movement controls are switched. All the changes done in the .ini will affect both players.[/CODE]

A mutator that'll allow you to switch to all the kinds of splitscreens (Vertical, Horisontal, 3 players, 4 without using console commands and ini editing still doesn't exist yet.

If you have splitscreen on you cannot join another game (with or wthout) splitscreen enabled via network. But if you host a game while in splitscreen mode other people can join your game via network(as long as they have splitscreen mode disabled).

The possibilty of using 2 mice. It's possible, just not with ut3 atm.

A other more hacky but still interesting way to get splitscreen:

Splitscreen With One or Two Monitors Guide by running two UT3's at once
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=612551

Crotale
    I'd go more into detail, but suffice it to say, it won't work due to the setup of system resources.

HideInLight
    No i was refering to the real build in splitscreen.
    [screenshot]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh305/HideInLight/ActionCamNearPerfect.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh305/HideInLight/UT3defaultSplitscreen.jpg[/screenshot]

Mr Evil
    I doubt that it will be possible without some scripting. Perhaps you need to make the PlayerController load settings from a profile so that it has key bindings?

Slippster
    has there ever been a fps on the pc with split screen? i cant think of even one.

BlackDemise
    What custom characters are those?^^ And I guess someone could use WSAD and a mouse on one side of the desk, and the other can use the numberpad, with Enter as jump....But still, I kinda dont see how anyone's going to run splitscreen on PC without a monster rig....Too much crap to render....

Froooooom
    Weren't those splitscreen-screenshots regarding the Xbox 360-version??

Shadow Dancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippster View Post
    has there ever been a fps on the pc with split screen? i cant think of even one.
    Serious Sam FE and SE.

HideInLight
    Quote Originally Posted by Froooooom View Post
    Weren't those splitscreen-screenshots regarding the Xbox 360-version??
    Don't think the XBOX360 has action cam or nowhere map nor the warhammer model pack.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDemise View Post
    What custom characters are those?^^ And I guess someone could use WSAD and a mouse on one side of the desk, and the other can use the numberpad, with Enter as jump....But still, I kinda dont see how anyone's going to run splitscreen on PC without a monster rig....Too much crap to render....
    Didn't get any framedrops at all. Hell, I'm suprised how well 128 bots with the warfare+ mod ran on my PC, the unreal3 engine is brilliant...
    Gampads and Joysticks also a possibility. 2 Gamepads if you wanna play fair lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Slippster View Post
    Yup, but not many. In serious sam's case you could also to multiple mice, but one had to be serial so not many gamers bothered then and decent gamepads for fps didnt exist back then either. Jsut because splitscreen isn't visible in other fps doesn't mean Ut3 should be without it. See it as plus point for having something other games fail to have or even bothered with.
    Besides there's always UT2D and racing mods on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evil View Post
    I doubt that it will be possible without some scripting. Perhaps you need to make the PlayerController load settings from a profile so that it has key bindings?
    That's why I'm asking. Hopefully someone can make a sample script if that's the case. Even if it just shows you how to make the player jump. If it's more complicated is there anychance of including it in future patches?

UtGame.ini
    Code:
    [UTGame.UTUIDataStore_StringList]
    StringData=(Tag="ServerType",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="ServerType360",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="MatchType",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="MatchType360",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="BotTeams",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="RecordDemo",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="Fullscreen",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="ScreenResolution",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="PS3ButtonPresets",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="Splitscreen",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="CharacterParts",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="PlayerCardOptions",DefaultValueIndex=0,Strings=("Item1","Item2","Item3","Item4"))
    StringData=(Tag="ComboTest",DefaultValueIndex=0,Strings=("Item1","Item2","Item3","Item4"))
    StringData=(Tag="MissionList",CurrentValue="",Strings=(""))
    StringData=(Tag="PlayerName",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    Change the value from 0 to 1

As for multiple mice input it seems the technology is already there and doesn't require a serial port...http://www.mouse-party.com/index.shtml has some examples of games you play using two mice. Don't think UT3 will ever see this kind of thing since it'll need to be implemented and that would be one huge undertaking...

Insidiae
    Nice find really, seems the engine has alot more in it then is presented so far, though maybe it's only also in the PC version because they are doing it for the xbox (same engine etc).

Could be fun tho playing with 2mice/keyboards :P