Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DM-ProTourney4[Pics][beta2][UPDATE!Feb 1-Download]

cod-x

DM-ProTourney4[Pics][beta2][UPDATE!Feb 1-Download]

1. Name: DM-ProTourney4
    2. Version: beta2
    3. Compatibility: UT3 1.3 PC
    4. Description: Quake3 map rebuild.Original level by id software.Original level has the name pro-q3tourney4
    5. Comments: I've tried to make a nice playable map,however I have to learn a few things about lightning.This is just may first map,so I had some difficulties. Hope you like it,and sorry for my poor English.
    6. Screenshots:

======================================
    Changes in ProTourney4 beta2:
    ======================================

- More blockingvolumes added to improve gameplay and optimize collision.( Thx Crayfish )

- Default UTteleporter has been removed from the middle room because it made the level very jerky.( THX again Cray )

- More optimized with detail modes: More unnecessary staticmeshes ( which were only visuals and don't needed for gameplay ),has moved to high detail,to improve fps on lower configurations as well.

- staticmeshes added above the megahealth to the window to get the illusion of sunlight crosses through it.(High detail)

- Fogsheet added in the middle room to feel the level more atmospheric when you are looking down from above.(High detail)

- Unnecessary lightning removed,to optimize a little more,but the level has still too much lightning I think.

- Remove surface material applied instead of default checker to the back side of bsp surfaces(which are not visible for the player),so the engine won't render these unnecessarily.( THX the advice Cray )

- Air control of UTJumpads changed a little.

- Link gun replaced with Stinger minigun.

- Post process blur is lighter a very little.Use default in the game if you feel the shadows,and blur are too strong.

- Player could stuck in front of the middle room's door near the wall.Blockingvolume added.

- Wrong directed Playerstart in the right corner under the shock rifle,player was facing with the wall after spawning.Rotated/fixed.

- Smoke effects added to improve more the visuals.(High detail)

Download link:

http://files.filefront.com/PT4+beta2.../fileinfo.html

If you see bugs,or have some advices don't hesitate to write me.

Thanks,

cod-x

Starfox444
    download link?...

just read [pics]

MonsOlympus
    Yeah looks pretty damn good to me

cod-x
    I'll give download link in a few days.Sorry.I have some problems now and try to solve them.
    While I'm moving my mouse some staticmeshes are disappearing for a few seconds,and then they appear again,and I don't know why.I try to fix this problem currently

Hyrage
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
    I was going to see, awesome it reminds me the Quake 3 map style, until I read it was a Quake 3 remake X_x loll.

Great job man!

d3tox
    Looking good!!!!

shombowhore
    Looks very nice, can't wait to play this.

mahalis
    This map was tons of fun in Q3A. Glad to see it remade.

Dribler
    So.. what about this one??

EpicJon
    One month later, and still no DL Link...

-EJon