Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 90

Thread: How to setup UT3 redirect and clarify it is working!

  1. #1
    AZ-{OVGY}
    Guest

    How to setup UT3 redirect and clarify it is working!

    Alot of people seem to be having problems with redirect, some seem to be assuming that it is not working because files are downloading slowly and that they must obviously be coming from the server instead, it also seems that few are clarifying or know how to clarify their redirect is working.

    Content in UT3 is larger so downloads from both gameserver and redirect will take longer than in previous versions of UT.

    1st of all, the only thing that needs adding to your UTEngine.ini is

    [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=http://pathtoyourredirect/
    UseCompression=False (if not using uz3 files) or True (if using uz3 files)

    Then make sure that

    [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
    DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload


    is in there too, if not, add it. Make sure your custom maps are located in \Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated Server)\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

    If you think you are having problems with redirect after adding this clarify that your redirect server is working, do this by adding/changing this in UTEngine.ini

    [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
    AllowDownloads=False


    (This will stop the server pushing the file itself so if it can't find it on redirect you'll get a connection failed error. If set to true it will check redirect and if it can't find file there for whatever reason it will push file from the server. You don't want it to do this as you are checking your redirect is actually working.)

    If you get a connection failed error when trying to download the map (it won't even start downloading, the error will come straight away) then your redirect isn't working for some reason (maybe redirect server offline or your settings are wrong somewhere, double check). Maybe even try uninstalling, reinstalling and repatching, it isn't uncommon for things to go wrong when installing/patching. If you don't get the connection failed error and download starts and is slow then the problem is your redirect and there is nothing you can do about that other than change it.

    The error looks like


    Once you have checked this and your redirect is working (but slowly) change AllowDownloads=False back to true and look for a better redirect.

    You can check your redirect speed by pointing your internet browser to http://pathtoyourredirect/ and clicking on one of your files, download will start and you will be able to see the speed it comes off at.

    Your redirect in a browser will look something like


  2. #2
    clark kent
    Guest
    These settings are in the "UTEngine.ini" file right? If so I did everything correctly. I didn't add the "www" in there because I don't think you need it!

  3. #3
    AZ-{OVGY}
    Guest
    Yes UTEngine and whether or not you need www. depends on the webserver the redirect is on. Most domains can be accessed using both but it depends on how the redirect is setup. I run my own webserver and I always setup domains to use both.

    EDIT:I just checked for you and your domain can be accessed with both

  4. #4
    sgar
    Guest
    very noobish question, but does the above also applies to linux server?

  5. #5
    clark kent
    Guest
    I set everything as stated and checked that YES I can click on a file and it downloads fast to my desktop, but I STILL get that "Error Opening File" message.

    I placed my files to be redirected to the \Public_HTML directory on my redirect server... Is that the right place for them to be for redirecting? Everything seems to be working so I assume thats the right spot. I click on the file and if flys down to my PC!

  6. #6
    Slaughter
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sgar View Post
    very noobish question, but does the above also applies to linux server?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by clark kent View Post
    I set everything as stated and checked that YES I can click on a file and it downloads fast to my desktop, but I STILL get that "Error Opening File" message.

    I placed my files to be redirected to the \Public_HTML directory on my redirect server... Is that the right place for them to be for redirecting? Everything seems to be working so I assume thats the right spot. I click on the file and if flys down to my PC!
    Yes. \Public_HTML is where you would put the files, though I would create a folder underneath called "redirect" or something obvious like that. On my redirect I have an additional level under "redirect":

    \public_html\redirect\ut3

    So my path in UTEngine.ini is

    RedirectToURL=http://<myredirectserverURL>/redirect/ut3/

    Don't forget the trailing slash. It's important.

  7. #7
    AZ-{OVGY}
    Guest
    Others have also had trouble getting redirect to work by only using http://yourdomain/ definately try adding another folder. Mine has another folder and works perfect, http://mydomain/UT3/ Is what I use as I also redirect 2k4 from same server and that has a folder called UT2k4 (http://mydomain/UT2K4/)

    Quote Originally Posted by sgar View Post
    very noobish question, but does the above also applies to linux server?
    The same troubleshooting procedure will work for Linux.

  8. #8
    Corey
    Guest
    Question, as I am setting this up today on our server.
    When you say the maps go to
    \Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated Server)\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
    is that the game install folder on the server, or the
    my documents\my games
    folder on the server.

  9. #9
    Wowbagger
    Guest
    How do i use compression?
    Do i just zip all files or what?

  10. #10
    AZ-{OVGY}
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Question, as I am setting this up today on our server.
    When you say the maps go to
    \Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated Server)\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
    is that the game install folder on the server, or the
    my documents\my games
    folder on the server.
    I believe that would depend if your using -nohomedir. If your not then my documents, if you are then game install folder

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
    How do i use compression?
    Do i just zip all files or what?
    Use something like ut3compress, that makes it really simple.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •