Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DM-Daikyu (FINAL 1.10) PC & PS3

Davision

DM-Daikyu (FINAL 1.10) PC & PS3

Name: DM-Daikyu

Description:
    Its a small map for 2-8 player in the asian theme.
    Its also a good map for 1on1 matches and sniper duels.

Some action screens:

Comments:
    Its my first real UT3 map. I experimented a lot with this map to make it visualy and gameplay wise appealing.

Download PC

Download PS3

1.10 change notes:
    - fixed some collision bugs
    - changed/fixed some textures
    - small changes with static meshes

1.05 change notes:
    - fixed some collision bugs
    - changes with static meshes
    - added preview pic

1.0 change notes:
    - changed/fixed some textures
    - improved the bot paths
    - some small changes with static meshes

ColdfireRik
    wow this looks fantastic! Very good esp for your first UT3 map!!

AnubanUT2
    I was just about to post to the beta thread or old final thread ... anyway fantastic map with great flow and amazingly good visuals ... I have two major issues with this map and a bug to report. First the bug ... bots tend to get stuck near the stairs leading to the RL and FC rooms ... they get stuck in the corner of the stairs (the nook part where the stairs meets the upper pathway) and that is not fun even if the kills are easy ... also the sniper rifle dominates this map ... anyway to make that less the case. I can't tell you how many times I got killed by bots with amazing Sniper kills even though I am only playing this map on experienced ... WTF??? LOL damn bots!!! The other issue is the brightness of the crystal room downstairs ... can you please tune that down?

Other than those three things the level is great and I love it .... and yes I will be happy to cook this for the PS3 ... this is one of those levels that should cook with no issues. But do you think you are going to address any of the things I brought up or do you want me to cook it as it is now?

Edit: It is really hard to believe this is your first level. Great stuff ... now you do models and levels ... pretty soon you will be ready to do your own complete mod. When that happens let me know and maybe I can be a part of it.

Davision
    I knew about that bug with the bots getting stuck a that place, i thought i fixed it but i tested again now and after letting only 1 bot play the map he got stuck again like you said but that was after ca 10 minutes of play time so i dont think its that bad and with other players hes focused at shooting stuff and not trying to walk through a wall.

The sniper rifle skills of the bots is really strange but thats with all maps i allready made no sniper ammo because of that and the helmets can be a good help, i think the trick is to let them camp at the sniper spot and make a shock combo up there or flak cannon second fire.
    The Crystal need to shine like that, i just like all the nice shadows coming from that light source, its a magical crystal

So, i will keep the map like that.
    Next time post such things in the beta thread before i go final! , anyway thx

Would be cool if you can cook this map, although i cant play it with my PS3 because i simple have only the PC version

AnubanUT2
    Quote Originally Posted by Davision View Post
    Next time post such things in the beta thread before i go final! , anyway thx
    LOL ... it was only in beta a couple of days ... well this 1.05 version anyway ... you have to give us a little more time than that. but okay its not a prob ... the level is still a blast and that bug makes up for those damn sniper kills. ... I'll get on the cooking soon.

Harmatia
    Anuban, are you running patch 2 beta? I find the snipers to be balanced just fine with it.

Without the patch, the snipers are all going for your head instead of the other bots =P

AnubanUT2
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmatia View Post
    Anuban, are you running patch 2 beta? I find the snipers to be balanced just fine with it.

Without the patch, the snipers are all going for your head instead of the other bots =P
    Nope don't have that patch ... it sure would be nice if someone from the community sent it to me.

Anyway this level works fine on the PS3 and D-man check your pm for the link so you can share this beaut with the rest of the community.

BuffyTheSlayer

yay Final version !

thank you !

Davision
    Added the PS3 version
    thx for the PS3 cook Anuban
    LOL ... it was only in beta a couple of days ... well this 1.05 version anyway ... you have to give us a little more time than that.
    Right, i will post much early next time. But before i make a new map i will do more work on the rodents faction because the new patch is coming.

Good to hear that

Sbouby
    Nice map,
    Thx for this great job ^^