Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Satellite Orb v1 [PC][Pics][Beta] Remember Forgotten Worlds? :)

Karmapolice
    Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    This would go so well with the RPG Mod......
    I agree with that. It's like having a familiar or a summoned minion.

Nagis
    Sorry for the major bump. But I think I have an Idea on a PS3 version of this mod.

You know how when you pick up an orb on Warfare? Well, how about modifying that script to where it shoots different types of weapons? Also, Is it possible to edit the colors of the orbs? If so, then it might be more possible to make this into a PS3 port version.

Hope this isnt bothering anyone, im just tossing out ideas.

CaptainSnarf
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagis View Post
    Sorry for the major bump. But I think I have an Idea on a PS3 version of this mod.

You know how when you pick up an orb on Warfare? Well, how about modifying that script to where it shoots different types of weapons? Also, Is it possible to edit the colors of the orbs? If so, then it might be more possible to make this into a PS3 port version.

Hope this isnt bothering anyone, im just tossing out ideas.
    Hmm. The Orbs are actually the 'death ball' from the Scavenger vehicle. The one thing that *is* custom is the green orb. The red and blue ones are built in. To make green, you can't just change the color=(R=0,G=255,B=0). That doesn't work. Instead you have to make a new particle system. Maybe those don't cook correctly. Who knows. I haven't worked on it much. I've been busy with the vehicle replacement mutator and the vehicle mods.

I like the idea of a powered up Orb for Warfare. I'll look into it.

euchreplayer23
    Captain, I sent you a link to the PS3 i cooked, partially works....

TheDragonzord
    partially?

GenobeeX
    I would like to see a PS3 version too, captain smurf always makes the neatist maps and weapons.

CVROY
    what happens when you get into vehicles, do the orbs vanish or follow you???

euchreplayer23
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonzord View Post
    partially?
    the orbs appear and shoot stuff, but its not link gun fire etc....The three orbs shoot just small little bullets....in PS3 version I cooked...

Q: what happens when you get into vehicles, do the orbs vanish or follow you???
    A: On a hoverboard they disappear....haven't tested it throughly yet...in the PS3 version

CaptainSnarf
    I uploaded your PS3 version to my filefront page. Thanks euchreplayer23! You rock!

When you get into a vehicle, the orbs vanish completely, this includes the hoverboard which is also technically a vehicle. I wanted the orbs to stay but I haven't figured that part out yet

I haven't worked on the mutator since it was released but I haven't given up on it. I've just been busy learning the editor

Nagis
    So the PS3 version works? Im pretty sure with the right tweaking, it would be able to fire correctly if it "Partially" works. Keep going at it!