Thread: data6.cab

ditchdr

data6.cab

i have the usual error that people get when trying to install this game. i spent all yesterday online finding fixes for this and none of the worked. so now i have a brand new game i cant install and i cant return because best buys can install it just fine on their computer. can anyone give me the true fix? cause all the other ones including updating your drivers (mine are all up to date) dont work. thank you

T@F
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=595138
    Try what vläd says it might just work.

oldkawman1

Search the forum for error 1335

This is a problem with the windows installer on your machine, see this post for the fix.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...5#post25199120

Or it may be easier to just buy a new DVD drive that works better.

ditchdr
    vläd solution doesnt work... it says my file is corrupt for my computer

vläd
    Crap! Sorry to hear that! How far did you drop the memory setting?

ditchdr
    well i'm not the patient kind of guy so i dropped first to 256 then to 192. still the same error data6.cab is corrupted.

ditchdr
    should i go any lower? it seemed awful slow at 192.

Shadori
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchdr View Post
    i have the usual error that people get when trying to install this game. i spent all yesterday online finding fixes for this and none of the worked. so now i have a brand new game i cant install and i cant return because best buys can install it just fine on their computer. can anyone give me the true fix? cause all the other ones including updating your drivers (mine are all up to date) dont work. thank you
    Hey... I'm experiencing the same problem too. Data6.cab is the notorious one again, and I've been owning this game for 2 days now with nearly 10 failed installations so far. Tried Vlad's solution (didn't work), tried installing from my hard drive (didn't work too), tried installing the latest windows installer and rebooted my com and reinstalled UT3 but didn't work again.

Do I have to resort to installing UT3 on this comp through remote accessing another computer such as a laptop?

Shadori

Finally, I solved Error 1335.

Okay, I did what one of the guys on this forum suggested. I found out that I could install UT3 without any hiccups on my extremely outdated laptop, thus, I copied the DVD's contents using my laptop's DVD drive over into my 500GB portable HDD. Then, I used the healthy files from there to install UT3 on my desktop and walla! It's done Hope this helps, even if a little.