Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: DM-NightInThePark [MSU UPDATE V1.5]

woooo
    bah slow link.

SDX
    imho map is too big and complicated. It definitely looks great for a first map and anyway, but because it is soo big it looks like a maze and the worst thing - I get really bad framerates here, worse than on original maps. For example if with my current settings I get framerates not lower than 25fps in the worst spot (DM-Deck looking across the map from the teleport), in this park map my framerates were often around 22fps and even lower during flyby. Maybe LOD settings can be improved?

good looking map, but I won't play it the way it is.

Remus
    Quote Originally Posted by SDX View Post
    imho map is too big and complicated. It definitely looks great for a first map and anyway, but because it is soo big it looks like a maze and the worst thing - I get really bad framerates here, worse than on original maps.
    What most people that have tried my map fail to understand is that I intended it to be like a labyrinth. If I didn't want it to be that way I wouldn't have made the hedges as high as they are. As for the performance issues, well that's mostly because of the tons of static meshes I've put in the map. Mainly the grass (over 10000 meshes...). I have however put a culling distance on most nonessential meshes so they aren't rendered when at a certain distance from the player. The only way I think performance could be improved is if I start removing static meshes...

Dannydeman
    With my Autumns Dream I have exactly the same problem. It's werid though. The original maps like Defiance use alot of static meshes. Why don't they have framedrops..?
    I suspect it's the grass that is causing the drops.

DB-BlackSheep
    Very cool map indeed, downloaded, played and enjoyed, keep up the good work!

EDIT: By the way, on your post the installation part says Published, ment to be un-published. Just to let you know

AnubanUT2
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus View Post
    What most people that have tried my map fail to understand is that I intended it to be like a labyrinth. If I didn't want it to be that way I wouldn't have made the hedges as high as they are. As for the performance issues, well that's mostly because of the tons of static meshes I've put in the map. Mainly the grass (over 10000 meshes...). I have however put a culling distance on most nonessential meshes so they aren't rendered when at a certain distance from the player. The only way I think performance could be improved is if I start removing static meshes...
    Oh yeah I remember I had the same issue until you explained to me what you were doing and then it made sense. I think this is why I was saying to shorten the grass as well. Anyway I am still waiting on the new version of this baby with the redone placement of items and the underground pathway (of you still feel you need it given the already gracious size of the level) and the water fountain. I really want to see this new version so ....

Jonny
    Why didnt you paint the grass on as a terrain deco layer? Its bad i can see it appear as i get close...

Nice map with interesting gameplay, too many tress and pickups, no room to fight in some of the treed areas and an invincibility pickup is too much... better placement needed! The fence by the shock rifle has too high collision. Make sure the trees are rotated randomly so they dont look like they're repeating. An underground area could be cool....maby make another open area instead of a square of hedges. Nice idea tho keep it up

jorgeluvshispie
    Jorge like, but why dont any of the files on filefront show up at the UT3 filefront website?

Zinkkillz
    Wow, the best user created map I've seen. So original and beautiful, and it reminds me of Resident Evil 4 in the courtyard. I cannot wait until it is sent to the PS3! I will definately download it then!

FragTastic

Fantastic first map. You should be very proud