Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DM-NightInThePark [MSU UPDATE V1.5]

Remus

DM-NightInThePark [MSU UPDATE V1.5]

Name: DM-Night in the Park
    Compatibility: UT3 V1.2
    LatestVersion:1.5
    Description: Large DM Map set in a city park.
    Players: 6 - 12

MSU UPDATE V1.5

Changes:

-Added rain, thunder and lightning effects
    -Optimised performance
    -Blurry texture bug fixed
    -Added more detail to the map
    -Added jump pads
    -Made it easier to climb the hedges in various spots.
    -Added 2 sniper platforms in the trees
    -Only 2 powerups: berserk, invisibility; set in opposite corners of the map.

UPDATED V1.2

Changes:

- Holes in the hedges are visible now
    - Tweaked bot paths
    - Lowered metal fence around the Flack Cannon
    - Added a few spots where you can jump over hedges (the bots can jump too)
    - Powerups: 1 invisibility, 1 Udamage, 1 Berserk; set far apart
    - Added more items: weapons, health, ammo
    - Fixed fade radious for the ambient sounds

Screen Shots:

V1.2

V1.5

Download

V1.5

PC/PS3

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6...018c8114394287

Installation:

PUT THE FILES HERE:
    My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

Comments:

This is my first map, and i don't mean just for UT3 but FPS in general. It's been a learning experience and i think it tuned out very well for my first ever map. I'm surprised how well it runs performance whise since I went crazy with
    hundreds of static meshes for the foliage.

BuffyTheSlayer

Yay !!! another my type Map for UT3

I really like nice colors and beatifull map like this
    this map is very scary for Invasion Game too
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590438

ur-name-here
    Awesome!!! played 1 game; could not believe some of the secrets, if they were supposed to be secrets. Large is good. Makes it for alot of fun, and a (game) at playing.
    Didn't know at first if I could jump that fence in the middle, but did a double jump (I quess) and got the flak weapon. Seemed like I backed up through one of the hedges, and found myself alone in what appeared to be a blocked off area; intresting. Music really stuck out in that area It was a good place for it. Tried to find how I got in there and found alittle hole. Looked like a hidding place, but one of the bots must have seen me; fraged me. lol Im still not done seeing if you did some of these things on purpose, or if they r errors in the mod.

Great Map though

Back again
    Well Just played another game. You sly dog u. Great!!! Makes the map alot more fun. Team DM seems to be more fun.
    Field Generator is good too. Did 4 on 4 with this map size, and just like the idea your not being smoked every two secs.
    Didn't play long enough to see if any boosts were in it. Now that is another story.

Keep it up! Large maps are Good

Remus
    Thanks glad my work is appreciated.

@ ur-name-here: Those holes in the hedges aren't bugs, i made them on purpose. There are 2 field generator in the map. Powerups:1 invulnerability, 1 double damage, 2 invisibility.

The only bugs I've noticed now replaying is regarding the spotlights around the dog/gargoyle, the volume light beams stop projectiles....

Oh and btw did you find the redeemer yet, or did the bots find it for you?

ur-name-here

Great 1st Impression

When I test out maps at first I play for short frags, and time to get first impressions out. This one struck me, because of it's versatility, and size.
    Please Stick with Large Maps. There r alot of ppl who like them, and enjoy the gaming aspect of them.

Dont know why, but when I first started playing it gave me flashbacks of Deus Ex.

I think 16 players will have a big effect on fps, but some will be able to handle it.

Yeah; the colors, trees, labrinth, ect makes it and you a commer.

Remus
    I like large and atmospheric maps too, which is why I chose this creepy night time setting.

Mr Evil
    For a first map, this is excellent. I love the atmosphere and the narrow spaces. A few criticisms:
    • You don't need to put in so many pickups. I know the temptation is to put in at least one of everything, but don't be afraid to make maps that only have some weapons and power-ups. Sometimes less is more.
    • It could do with more prominent landmarks. There are plenty of them, but you can't see them over the hedges, so it's easy to get lose your orientation.
    • Perhaps you could open up some of those manhole covers to allow an alternative means of traversing the map and add a bit more depth to the map (literally).
    • The radius of the cricket sounds is a bit small. They fade in and out too suddenly.

ur-name-here
    For the size of the Map I thought the pick ups were fine. Yes the cricket sound could be expanded. As far as orientation. Your playing in a labrinth!!!
    Yes his first is excellent!

Mr Evil
    Quote Originally Posted by ur-name-here View Post
    For the size of the Map I thought the pick ups were fine...
    Maybe the weapons are ok, but two invisibilities and an invulnerability will quickly become tiresome.

One more thing: Walking through the invisible gaps in the hedges should trigger a rustling sound. That would add a bit of strategy in locating your foes, plus it would make it obvious that they are meant to be there.

NewPCGamer
    wow the lighting is really good.