Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Weapon Switch, Dual Enforcers, Multi-Jump, Friendly Fire, Unlimited Ammo

Snky_Bstrd

Fast Weapon Switch, Dual Enforcers, Multi-Jump, Friendly Fire, Unlimited Ammo

Full Details: http://www.thevaticgroup.com/ut/

VERSION 1.1 HAS BEEN RELEASED - INCLUDES Anti-Masochism MUTATOR

This is a mutator pack containing 5 mutators. A configuration UI is supplied, but the scaling is a little borked. I'll be releasing a new UI for it once it's corrected. It's still very usable; just a little ugly at some resolutions.

Also, I am aware that similar mutators may have been released or are in development. I started this pack on release day because these were things *I* wanted. Everything was written from scratch (not that these are brain-busting to produce) and I just thought I'd share.

FastWeaponSwitch
    Old school weapon-switch times.

Unlimited Ammo
    All weapons come with unlimited ammunition

Friendly Fire FR
    Modifiable friendly fire damage (default Friendly Fire mutator does only 1/2 damage) with optional immunity to damage done to you by bot teammates.

Anti-Masochism NEW!
    Players cannot hurt themselves with their own weapons.

Infini-Jump
    Configurable number of multi-jumps. Quad-Jump on STEROIDS!

Dual Enforcers ENHANCED
    Give dual enforcers to all players, with optional Enforcers-only mode.

RaZz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snky_Bstrd View Post
    [...]
    FastWeaponSwitch
    Old school weapon-switch times.
    [...]
    what's "old school weapon-switch" supposed to mean?

original ut weapon-switch? ut ws with purestats fws? ut2k4 ws? ....

AnubanUT2
    Cool ... does the friendly fire stop you from killing yourself with the flak cannon by mistake? If so then this mutator is worth the download for that alone ... heck I'll just check it out anyway. Looks interesting enough and I love little mutators like this.

Snky_Bstrd
    Quote Originally Posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Cool ... does the friendly fire stop you from killing yourself with the flak cannon by mistake? If so then this mutator is worth the download for that alone ... heck I'll just check it out anyway. Looks interesting enough and I love little mutators like this.
    Yes, there is an option to make yourself immune to damage from your own team - including yourself .

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    what's "old school weapon-switch" supposed to mean?

original ut weapon-switch? ut ws with purestats fws? ut2k4 ws? ....
    You're welcome.

AnubanUT2
    Quote Originally Posted by Snky_Bstrd View Post
    Yes, there is an option to make yourself immune to damage from your own team - including yourself .

You're welcome.
    Consider this added to my favorite mutator's pack. I am tired of killing myself with flak chunks ... is it only for team game play though and not regular deathmatch? You may want to include an option for just DM and Duel matches.

Edit: Checked it out and indeed this no damage is only for teams and not for use in DM and Duel. Is it possible to have an option so that I don't take any rocket splash damage from my own rockets and no flak damage when the flak bounces off of walls? I have been looking for a mutator that does this since week one.

Snky_Bstrd
    Consider this added to my favorite mutator's pack. I am tired of killing myself with flak chunks ... is it only for team game play though and not regular deathmatch? You may want to include an option for just DM and Duel matches.
    It's funny that you bring this up, because as I was play testing and noticed that I didn't self-inflict damage (this was not something I originally intended, but decided to leave it alone), I thought about including a sixth mutator whose sole purpose was to have this effect.

I'll include it in Volume 2, which should be ready in a couple days.

AnubanUT2
    Sounds good ... I'll be looking forward to it. If I turn the value up to 10 (for the team damage scaling) what actual effect does that have? I may not be understanding how this mutator implements the non damage so I want to be clear about that. Thanks.

Snky_Bstrd
    Sounds good ... I'll be looking forward to it. If I turn the value up to 10 (for the team damage scaling) what actual effect does that have? I may not be understanding how this mutator implements the non damage so I want to be clear about that. Thanks.
    The fFriendlyFireScaling is a floating point multiplier applied to the calculated damage. So let's say you fire a rocket at a teammate, and the game calculates that the damage done is 100 points (we're going to assume that you have full health and no armor).

Since you're a teammate, the game multiplies that damage by the fFriendlyFireScaling multiplier. Without the mutator, this value is 0. So without the mutator, your damage would be 100 * 0 = 0. With Epic's Friendly Fire mutator, the damage would be 100 * 0.5 = 50 (since they use a multiplier of 0.5). If you set the multiplier to 1.0 in my mutator, the damage done is 100%, since the original damage is multiplied by 1. If you set the value to 10 (which I like to do myself ), then the damage is 100 * 10 = 1000. Heck, crank it to 100 and your teammates will quiver at the sight of you! I play a lot of instant action, so it's fun mowing down bots that piss me off .

Now to the immunity. When this is turned on the mutator checks who the shooter is and who the victim is. If the shooter is a bot and the victim is a human player AND they're both on the same team, the damage is set to 0. My oversight is that I didn't think to check to make sure the shooter and victim aren't actually the same player, which is why you're no longer being damaged by your own shots.

What I will probably do is release an updated version of this pack that corrects that oversight, but also includes a new mutator that removes self-damage (when that damage is inflicted by a weapon... falls and such will still damage you). I was going to put in it the next pack, but I really ought to correct the aforementioned oversight, as it was unintentional and most players probably wouldn't expect that behavior.

Sorry for the long post, but you asked!

AnubanUT2
    Actually though atm I am still being damaged by my own shots ... I don't want to be damaged by my own shots though that is what I am hoping the next version of your allows for. I hope I am understanding you correctly. If not let me know. But I still think I am not following you correctly because it seems like you are saying that this mutator actually allows you to do MORE damage to your teammates ... not less. So if I don't use it and I shoot a rocket at a team mate nothing happens to them but if I do use it by default they will now get 50% of the damage ... is that correct?

Sinnthetika
    Nice mutator, fixes some of the issues I had with the game. Needs a little tweaking though but it's definitely on the right track.